Hawaii

URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!

Hi Everyone,

I urgently need help. I am getting married Dec 26 th, 2012 on the island of Oahu. I have been planning for a while till I had a wedding coordinator drop the ball on me in September and it was an expensive ball they dropped as well.

I have been contacting every wedding coordinator on the knot for Hawaii and all seem to be booked or on holidays or they are off the island.

I am not  bridezilla, but I am upset that the majority of the wedding coordinators do not reply and then when they do and they keep me lured and then no contact again. 

The coordinators that do reply, are charging $4k not including the cost of what I would pay for the vendors for , officient, decorations, cake, flowers, photographer, etc. that one pays for their wedding. I have booked my venue and the food and beverages are done already. I have 10 guests, so why is this so expensive? I have a simple theme, elegant, straight forward.

I am in tears already as I only have 51 days left and nothing is planned or completed. I nee coordinator who is reputable, does not charge an arm and a leg, has moral, integrity and my best interests in mind, I have never been this stressed in my life.  I think I need to throw in the towel. My fiancée just says, we can just have what you have booked. This is VERY upsetting as I don't want to get married if it is not done properly. I have no one else helping me, my mother cant even be bothered to ask how it is going.

I have done many destination weddings aa I am a travel agent, none of those were this awful and rotten to deal with, so I do have a sense of what I am doing. Its hard for me to do this as I am from Canada.

I guess it's not meant to be, I am tired of crying and all this emotional hell for nothing. If my family doesn't care I might as well quit while I'm ahead.

Thank you for listening to my rant and any help you may be able to office.

Monika

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!

• What do you need the coordinator for if you have most of the stuff already done? What will you use a coordinator for? If its only 10 guests you could do it on your own I'd think. If its a simple wedding then I'm sure maybe some of your vendors have coordinators with them.
  • I used Gina Ornellas from Divine Weddings and Events and she was fantastic and reasonably priced.  I just used her DOC services.  If you have some things booked already that maybe a DOC is all you need (if you need someone at all).  As a DOC they help you plan your timeline, contact your vendors to make sure they'll be on time etc.  

Good luck! Try not to stress too much.  It really does all come together in the end. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you for your reply. I will try her. Though I have run into another bump in the road, my fianc wants to finish the wedding himself and told me I better not complain. Our wedding day is the 26th
  • Are you at all flexible with your date? If you are getting there a bit earlier or staying for the honeymoon? We used Suzane Ventura from http://www.alohafromhawaiiweddings.com/. She was wonderful. Check her out and also look at my vendor reviews. We had an intimate wedding on Oahu and planned most of it ourselves. Best of luck and let us know how we may help.
  • We only had 9 guests and did it all ourselves, with tons of help from the HI TK brides. You can do this and should do it with your fiance, not one or the other. Sorry just my opinion. 
    What type of wedding do you want. Starting asking quesitons here and we can help, or those who have been to Oahu can. Do you already have an officiant? a location? I would start with those two. Basically you add from there. Good luck and stay in touch. The brides her can help. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards