Hawaii
Options

Buying a new printer

Luckily our old printer died and I think it's a perfect excuse to buy a good printer for my print items. I do my own graphic design so I'm going to be printing out everything (invitations, menus, table cards etc.).Anyone have any good recommendations?

Re: Buying a new printer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my canon pixma MP530 almost two years ago and I still love it! It did a great job printing out all my DIY stuff. I don't know what the newer ones are like, but if it's anything like this one, you can't go wrong.
  • Options
    inamrainamra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a HP Photosmart from 5 years ago and a HP LaserJet from 9 years ago and both are still working well and strong =P The newer models are even better but I'm impressed with mine in light of how old they are =P
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommened the Canon Pixma series.  I printed everything on that printer.  DH calls it the "Bentley" of printers.. hahaI did have some minor issues when the paper got too thick though... but overall, I love my printer :)
  • Options
    tifujioktifujiok member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought a Canon Pixma based on all the recommendations on this board.  A lot of ppl have the MP versions but I bought an MX850.  It generally did a great job and everyone thought we had them done professionally.  BUT we did have a tough time printing on non-standard paper sizes and had to "trick" the computer into thinking it was 5x7 or 8x10 when it wasn't.  It worked fine with our invitations and inserts but we weren't as lucky with our programs and FI got frustrated and took them to Staples to cut them.So the MP series might be better :).HTH!Tiff
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used our HP Photosmart printer (C4200series) for printing all of our DIY stuff (including printing on stardream paper) and it worked beautifully except for printing on the stardream flame (orange) envelopes.  If you lurk on the DIY board, they all swear by this one particular printer that I can't seem to remember right now (Canon Pixma???)
  • Options
    burichanburichan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!I got the pixma 860. I want to test it out with thicker paper. This makes me feel a lot better than paying .99 for each color copy!Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards