Hawaii
Options

NWR: Sad

Does anyone else get sad when they think about their wedding being over, and their "participation" on the board!! Now don't get me wrong, I L-O-V-E the fact that married knotties help us all out, are active on the board and supply me with countless ideas. I am sure that I will still be checking it out, making posts, and responding to people. But... I was checking out thenest.com and didn't see any board that I absolutely love. I feel like I have become so attached to you girls and how fabulous you are. It its almost like we need someone to create a "Hawaii Knottie becomes Nestie" board where we can all share about the joys of marriage (or maybe vent), learn of upcoming pregnancies, and find out what other life stuff is going on after the big day. Does this make sense?? I don't know... you girls rock!! It just makes me a little sad =( Very random, I know =)

Re: NWR: Sad

• Options
    lisakeikolisakeiko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a Hawaii board on the Nest where a lot of us married girls hang out.  =)  Jen's been posting regularly lately but we'd love it if more of the recently married girls came over too...  (hint hint, recently married girls, make the jump!  It's not scary, I promise!)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is it okay to join that one even if we don't live in Hawaii?? Especiallyl since so many of us are DW brides?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Leah, yeah, I know what you mean.  I'm hoping as more knotties get married, if they go over to the nestie board I will feel like I know more people there.  But the girls I feel like I know here somewhat well -  well, I'm not sure they will definitely start posting on the nest. Some girls are wonderful and I've had meaningful interactions with people that I still remember when they were posting a lot pre-wedding (and often about NWR stuff), but it is an internet community, and ppl come and go as the feel the need to, you know?  If they stop being around a lot after the wedding, that probably makes more sense than ppl like me!So yeah, my wish is that we will continue to keep in touch on the nest or here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah Leah, a lot of the girls on the HI nestie board went straight from here - so it's more like a combo of ppl who had weddings in Hawaii, ppl who live in Hawaii, and even some girls from the DW board.  A lot of the active posters are from places like Australia, Canada, all over!
  • Options
    lisakeikolisakeiko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was originally used by the DW board brides who didn't have their own Nest DW board.  About half a year ago, the oldie Hawaii knotties went over and started posting because we wanted a 'home' as well.  There are actually more non-Hawaii residents on that board!  =)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup!  As a matter of fact, I think most of the girls there are not from Hawaii.  They're mostly former knotties that used to post on this board when I first started here.  I'm slowly making my way there and occasionally posting (though I don't plan to leave here yet.. I'm pretty attached to you girls).  The ladies there are very nice and it definitely has the same vibe as we do here.  They are very supportive of each other.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha!  It looks like the 3 if us were responding at the same time!  :p
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    **Sigh of Relief** This makes me feel so much better!! Thanks girls!! I would be sad to leave you all =)
  • Options
    lelekaylelekay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Name Twin! I felt that same way, but interestingly, I think I've posted on here MORE since the wedding. I guess I have nothing else to do! :) I've also started transitioning over to the Hawaii Nesties board. I thought that same thing...that I don't live in Hawaii, but I don't think many girls do. So, far, I really like the board, and feel that everyone has been very welcoming. We'll welcome you, too, when you're ready!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    vanilla15vanilla15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Worry not Leah...we are all still around!  i definitely still post here & occasionally post over on the Hawaii Nesties board too.  I like the Nest just b/c so many of the girls whose bios I used endlessly when I was planning my wedding, but had kind of migrated over to the Nest, I get to know now.  It is kind of interesting b/c they are one step ahead of me.  We just finished wedding planning & a lot of them are about to have their first baby.  I definitely have learned a lot from them.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards