Hawaii
Options

Dress Update

So I was able to visit to my dress a couple weeks ago. And it's almost done! Hooray! Though I must admit, I am having a love/dislike relationship with it. I know - so bad! I love one minute, and the next I'm not. But everyone says it's beautiful so I will take their word for it!I put some photos in my bio under attire if y'all wanna peek. :)I think once I have it in my possession I will come to love it more. Did/do any of you have this same relationship with your dress, or am I crazy?

Re: Dress Update

• Options
    inamrainamra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! I think it's a beautiful dress and I really love the lacy jacket! Heh, if you hadn't said that it was almost done, I'd think it was done already =P cuz it looks done and gorgeous on you!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Janine!  You are gorgeous!!!  Once the dress is complete and tailored to hug you in all the right places, you will LOVE it!I went through the same thing with my dress.  I thought it made me look like a tent!  Turns out it needed to be taken in around the bust and waist.  It was perfect on the day-of.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the dress style suits you.. and I love the lace jacket.  Don't worry, when the dress is completely done, I'm sureyou will love it :)
  • Options
    burichanburichan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think your so cute! I love the proposal by the way. So sweet!
  • Options
    vanilla15vanilla15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your dress is perfect & I especially love the lace jacket!  I think you will definitely love it 100% once it is completely finished & officially yours.I had some similar issues with my dress.  I really likedit  but didn't have the whole "the one" feeling, but my mom did.  So I was never really sure if I was just getting it for her or for me & I was concerned it was too formal for an informal Hawaiian wedding.  In the end, I absolutely loved it & glad I choose that dress.While I was checking out your dress, I checked out your bio...how sweet was FI's proposal!?!?  :)
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might have a love/dislike relationship with your dress, but I LOVE it. That jacket is so adorable. It makes me want one. Seriously love your bio and your awesome wedding style. By the way, I also think your second pair of shoes is yummy!
  • Options
    diorgrl8diorgrl8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    janine, your dress is so pretty and classic! you look fab in it. I have that same thing w/ my dress...love/dislike...i think i get dress envy a lot... i see other people's dresses and i think...aw...mine sucks compared to hers.. loli think once i get mine altered, i will love it :) p.s. LOVE your veil too!!
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You were very brave to have it designed, but it turned out so great! Seriously, you look amazing in it. LOVE the veil too, it's so romantic!
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love your dress, it looks great on you and the lace jacket is so cute and adds a punch!! Can't wait to see when its all done even though it looks perfect already.As for me, I'm not sure whether I will have a love/dislike relationship with mine, my first fitting is next weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for the reassurance! I think I just haven't "bonded" with it enough to love it! :PAnd Vanessa that is exactly how I am feeling! I mean, I knew I wanted a simple dress, with sleeves, lace a mantilla veil. And when I was shown this design I loved it, but my Mom was more in love with it. So I was thinking - is this for her or me? But I loved it before so I will love it again. And yes, FI's proposal was nicely done! A TOTAL surprise. He did good. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You look so adorable in the dress!  The veil is gorgeous.  But I do know what you mean about a love/hate relationship.  I always have to take mine out of the closet and try it on to remind me that yes, I love it.  But I forget all the time and need to see it. Mine still hasn't been altered, so I'm really hoping that when it is, it will be perfect.  And you, my dear, look just perfect in yours!  :)
    image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your dress looks lovely on you!  I'm having the same problem though... I love my dress but I kind of regret not going with a more beachy dress.  Mine is soo formal/elegant for Hawaii.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You look great in your dress and I love the lace jacket!  I had a doubtful relationship with my dress.  Everytime I see a wedding dress in a magazine, I kept wondering if I made the right decision.  Everything fell into place during the final fitting.  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards