Hawaii
Options

33 Days until the wedding! UPDATES

So I feel like I am on a emotional roller coaster. I go from being stressed about finances one minute to ugh whatever I am over it. LOL All in all I am in good spirits and super excited!! =)Why do women put so much pressure on ourselves to have a perfect wedding day? Guys have so much easier, except for the fact that the woman they wanted to marry turns into a crazy person for a year. Hahaha! Bay area girls- I went to San Jose flea market this weekend and bought gorgeous parasols for the bridesmaids. $3.00 each! I also found tons of material shops with fabric for 1.00 a yard and they carry lots of fans around.JUST BARGAIN!

Re: 33 Days until the wedding! UPDATES

• Options
    inamrainamra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh, yeah, the woes of money =P But it's a one-time shot, so don't worry too much over it. It's worth it all in the end and you're gonna have a GORGEOUS wedding! (you're right tho, the guys DO have it so easy!!)Hm, I haven't gone to the SJ flea market yet (and we live in SJ =P) I don't even know where it is! haha...but sounds like some GREAT deals you got yourself there...I should totally check out the place sometime! Does it cost $ to go in (entry fee) or to park? I don't like spending $ generally to go into a marketplace area cuz then I'll feel obligated to buy something to make my entry/parking fee worth it...
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain! I'm exactly one week behind you. My biggest stress is the money part - this week we start sending out the rest of the money - OUCH OUCH OUCH! Just sucks to watch so much money go away - I know it's worth it but it doesn't make it any easier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    diorgrl8diorgrl8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    fia- i hear you on the money issue! and also acting like a crazy woman the closer the wedding gets.... it happens to the best of us :)guys DO totally have it much easier...they don't seem to have that pressure to make everything perfect..Your wedding will be great, don't worry too much! Kona is a gorgeous place, you will LOVE it!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Isn't it crazy how time flies???? And yeah, this is the time when we are starting to get a little stressed (esp over the fact that guys have it so easy!!). But it will all work out in the end and we will have amazing weddings!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AngelshannAngelshann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah my FI has no clue how much still needs to be done. He thinks he can just show up on 11/7/09. HAHA I had a little chat with him this weekend and cleared some things up with him. LOL Don't even get me started on money...weddings are too expensive!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love you girls! This is why this board is so coll cause no one else understand like you!Inamra- It's a 5.00 parking fee on Barryessa rd. It's huge! There is tons of stuff there, even worth just looking around, you can get some good snacks and there is a whole asian market section, mexican markets, they have lots of produce and pretty much everything. We bought our groomsmen shirts there for 20.00 bucks each.They are white guayaberas, very similar to barongs.
  • Options
    inamrainamra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hm $5 parking isn't too bad if there's also good food too =P I should check it out sometime actually--maybe when I have a lots of stuff in mind that I want to get so I don't leave empty-handed =) Thanks for the info!!!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm super excited for you too! I can't believe it's right around the corner for you. Good luck with all the details, and don't stress about perfection. It's going to be an amazing day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SOphia!!! Yay its almost your turn and i can't wait for you!! it's totally normal to be on an emotional roller coaster =) but the wedding will be beautiful no matter what... it will be a good and beautiful experience for your guests esp its in beautiful Hawaii =)and yes bargain on things/items that you can!!! and save the $$ for the big items you can't bargain on.. but it will be worth it =)
    KatluvsJohn
  • Options
    agutie001agutie001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel you all on the $$$...its tough and of course if money wasn't an issue we might not even need to post. That's the greatest thing about this site, we learn from each other and learn to save some money while we are at it. Thanks for the post! I live in San Jose too and I am going to check out the fleamarket asap. Was there a general area where you found this bc the place is huge!!! Thanks again! Good luck and don't worry everything will be fine. :) ~Alda
  • Options
    vanilla15vanilla15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    33 days!!!  It is coming up so fast!! And don't stress, when else are you going to have a chance to do all of this fun stuff!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey girl! Wow it's right around the corner! Excited for you! It'll be awesome. I totally feel you about the emotional roller coaster part! I was all over the place was so emotional the week of. Almost anything could bring me to tears lol. But it's worth it.That's awesome deals you found! Haven't been to that flea market in a few years now I should go there to check it out!Best of luck you're almost there!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards