Hawaii
Options

AWESOME idea not working

So i got this great idea off of ourweddingday.com or what they call "brilliant ideas of the day". It's to have your guest list songs on the back of the RSVP card that they would like to here during the wedding to get everyone to participate. Well i guess i should have put a little flip over with an arrow or please see back at the bottom cause no one and i mean one has either seen it or care to participate. Just a heads up for all of you who like the idea or are planning on using it. Cheers! :) [url=http://www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.theknot.com/tools/tickers/tt2dde1.aspx[/img][/url]

Re: AWESOME idea not working

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh man, sorry to hear it didn't work! Do you have a wedding website? What we did was add a section where out guests could submit music requests. We've gotten a few requests that way
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Samaralynn23Samaralynn23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey thanks thats a great idea too. Well, if anyone ends up really looking at our wedding site, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww, sorry to hear that. That is an AWESOME idea. Too bad they didnt' see it. Similar things happened to us too. On the back of our reception card, we printed a little map of the island and our website address. When I asked people if they saw the website, the response was like "what website?" - happened with 4 people in a row - I was so steamed since I worked so hard to make a 2-sided card. Oh well :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely feel yah. I think maybe an arrow with a little please flip over is def needed. I really thought people would see it since i put it facing the front of the envelope (thinking they would see the black lettering considering everything on the invite was blue). I was affraid of the same thing with our website since i worked so hard on it so i decided to put it at the bottom of the rsvp in smaller print different font. Oh well could be worse. Thanks for your response :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I posted a similar option for our guests on our website only and, so far, no one has posted a music request.  Oh well...not the end of the world, I guess.
  • Options
    jennicrewjennicrew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Samara, I noticed that your wedding is going to be at Fanger Estates in Oahu. Have you heard if the site is finished? Have you gone to see the site recently? We have it booked for next June but I will not see the Estate until then. If you could provide any information, this mainlander would appreciate it greatly.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Jennicrew, Not a problem. I havent been there since we booked in march but I will be headed there tomorrow and saturday for a girlfriends wedding who i told also about the site and she grabbed it up. I've heard some negitive things like power going out no hot water and neighbors complaingin but it is a new site and that always comes with prolems but I've tried to keep an open mind that you can't please everyone. I will take tons of pics and send them your way. I felt the same way thats why im so eager to help out my friend for her wedding and see how it goes there. We have the house for four days even though we live on island it just makes it easier. Too bad people made such a big deal about a good thing, they just switched it to a 30 min stay SOOOOO GLAD we found it before all the drama. Just send me your email and ill send you the pics through snapfish. Cheers:)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are awesome girl!! Thank you. You are taking the worry away for me. If you could take pictures I will definitely be less anxious!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, forgot the email address! jennicrew@hotmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards