Hawaii
Options

Lani girls - hotel question

Where are (did) you getting ready? Are you using the Ihilani or the Ko'Olina Beach club or somewhere else?I found a good deal on a suite at the Beach Club but then we would need to drive back and forth from Lanikuhonua - not sure if it's worth it or if we should just pay up for the Ihilani.Any advice?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lani girls - hotel question

• Options
    elaineNgeneelaineNgene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Lani girl, but haven't booked a hotel yet.  Isn't the Beach Club, still pretty close?  I think you'd still have to drive to Lani if you were at the Ihilani (my DOC said, it's not a super short walk even though it's next door, so you'd want to be driven), and if it's just a little ways more, and you'd be saving a lot of money, the beach club would be okay.Let me know what you decide.  FI wants Ihilani because he likes the rooms and the property better, but it is a lot more expensive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Elaine - I'm still undecided but here's what I found so far. The Ihilani is right next door - so that is walkable through a little path. The Beach Club is about a mile away. I know the Ihilani is a beautiful property but I can't make my little brain justify the price. A regular room at Ihilani is over $200. I found an ocean-view suite (under Marriott rewards) for $260 a night. Except then we would HAVE to drive or have someone do a pickup/dropoff. *sigh* so I'll have to choose eventually :(  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hi girls! i stayed at the ihilani the day before and the night of. it is a super short walk to get to lani. you can take the back staircase that leads you right down to the property. from your room to lani its probably a 5 minute walk if that. honestly, i would recommend staying at the ihilani and getting ready there. it was so helpful to walk down there in the morning before i started getting ready and check things out. also my girls and family memebers walked back and forth checking the progress for me as well. i would recommend that you as for a room facing the ocean but near the elevators. its a pretty big hotel and it was so convienent to be able to just go from the elelvators right across to the room. also just an fyi. i was able to get my dress and veil steamed the day of my wedding for 40 dollars. i even called that day and she came within 30 minutes and had it done and ready by 2pm. i was really surprised by the price and was very happy that they were able to do it on site. also...make sure you get the pineapple champange when you stay at the ihilani. it was sooo good! hth
    ryan and jennifer |august 10, 2009| lanikuhonua phase II
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer - Did you book just a regular room at the Ihilani? And was it enough room to get ready it? My fear is that a regular hotel room might be a little small for me, my sisters, my flower girls and the mothers to get ready in. I didn't dare look at their suite prices.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jennifer!  KathE had told me that I might want to be driven so that my makeup won't melt or my hair wouldn't get messed up during the walk.  But if it's as close and convenient as you say, maybe we don't need to pay for a car just to drive us a few minutes :P$40 to steam your dress and veil???  At the Ihilani?  That's a great price.  Did your FI, I mean DH, have his suit/tux pressed too?  If so, how much did they charge?  I just sent an email to Gabriela at Keepsakes this week for a quote, but she hasn't responded yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Elaine, after looking through some of the prices... I ended up booking Ihilani. On the Marriott website, I booked an oceanview room for $299 and it comes with a $50 room credit per night which can be used for parking or food or other incidentals. And the rooms sound friggin huge - 640sq ft!! There was a cheaper room at $249 facing the mountain too (but didn't include the credit). Jennifer, thanks for the information, after you mentioned being able to walk over, I figured the convenience of being able to walk to Lani would be well worth it. *If the room is booked through the Marriott website, you can cancel before 3 days prior with no penalty. Orbitz and Expedia both showed as non-refundable and didn't have the $50 credit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey there! i actually just booked a regular room. i think they felt bad for me and actually upgraded me to an ocean view because i was practically crying at the counter talking about the hurricane. the rooms were a decent size and i never felt crowded and i had at least 10 people in the room with me at all times. the bathroom is huge and they have a large seperate vanity area. i actually ended up with 2 double beds so if you have a king i am sure there would be even more room. i don't think a suite is worth it and i think that the regular room is totally big enough. if you would like to see photos e mail me ryandjenatlani at g mail dot com. i don't think you need a car service at all. it was super hot and humid at my wedding but it was kinda fun to walk with all my girls through the hotel and to the location. the grounds of the hotel are beautiful and it makes for great photos while you are headed to the location. e mail me if you have any other questions! hth
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my fiance rented his suit so it was already pressed but i am sure the hotel does that as well. it was pretty cool as well because my videographer was able to go and film my dress being steamed. i sooo agree with the sheer location convienience makes the ihilani worth it! and at the end of the night you are too tired to take that 20 minute drive back to waikiki. my fiance and i ordered room service and relaxed!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great!!!  I'm so going to save this post.  Very informative!
  • Options
    ginajadeginajade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting ready at Ihilani - I've always wanted to stay there and on Orbitz they have the room with car for $221/night - Ocean view.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if any of you have family in the military, but with military discount the $249/night rate drops down to $177!! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards