Hawaii
Options

Oahu Ladies, please come here =)

I just found out that FI's cousin who was going to do my hair is now not going to Hawaii. So....now I need to find somewhere to get my hair done in Kailua. Does anyone have a good recommendation of a salon near Kailua? I'm going to ask on the nest too, between the two hopefully I'll find something.TIA!!

Re: Oahu Ladies, please come here =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting my hair done by Dorys Foltin!! I haven't actually met her yet, but I have heard great things about her from other knotties!! Good Luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Beauty by May and she's coming out to us at KoOlina. Her charge for the bride if there's at least 2 others is $85 for hair & makeup and $75 each for the other 2. If it's only the bride, then I think it's $125. Her travel fee for KoOlina is $30 and the cost of hotel parking. I know she's been used by a few of the girls on the board too. I can email you her rate sheet if you want. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    elaineNgeneelaineNgene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Snarling Fox, could you email me Beauty by May's rate sheet too please?  elainengene@gmail.com  Thank you!!!
  • Options
    bruce & ivybruce & ivy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also recommend Beauty by May! She's so affordable and accommodating. She does amazing work and totally listens to what you want.
  • Options
    bulinbulin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry but I don't think there are any salons in Kailua that does wedding hair styling.  i think the best thing to do is to hire a wedding hair stylist.  Kailua isn't too far from waikiki so I'm sure most will come out to Kailua to do your hair (although there will probably be a travel fee).  I am using Christine Gardner, she's really good. 
  • Options
    MrsNFBMrsNFB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding a couple years ago where we got our hair and make-up done at the Paul Brown Salon in Kailua. Paul Brown Salons are a Hawaiian chain of upscale salons (I would compare them to an Aveda salon). I had a GREAT experience at the Kailua location, so much so that I used the Paul Brown Salon on the Big Island for my wedding :) I've also gotten my hair done at the Ward Center location and it was also great. Here's the info for the Kailua location: 25 Maluniu Avenue Kailua, Hawaii 96734 Tel: 808.230.2000 Website: http://paulbrownhawaii.com Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Snarling Fox could you e-mail me that rate sheet? nbrand19 at hotmail.com Thank you!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Soon2bMrsNaylor & ElaineNgene ... YGM!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YEs i would recommend May!! she is good!!
    KatluvsJohn
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Snarling Fox,Would you mind emailing me her rate sheet as well? The address is: kellieandpeter@gmail.com.Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards