Hawaii
Options

Maui Hair and Makeup?

For all of you fantastic Maui Knotties, who did you/are you using for your Hair and Make-up? I am certainly willing to go to a salon, but our ceremony will be in the morning so someone who will come to our location might end up being more practical just due to time constraints. My hair is still pretty short. I have dreams of a beautiful up-do, but I don't even know if that'll end up being possible. TIA!
TTC since 3/2010 Off BCP 2008 B/W = Good
HSG 6/24/2011 = Clear S/A = Decrease in Morph due to meds
First RE appt = 8/24/2011 Lap on 9/16/2011
Dx = Endo and possible blocked tube
Natural Cycle due to Cyst
S/PAIF Welcome!
My (non 3t!) Blog
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Maui Hair and Makeup?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Beth!!My WC is setting up my hair & make up.  Sorry I don't have any names - yet. I'll keep you posted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Jean Muldoon, her website is www.jeanmuldoon.com, a lot of knotties reccomend her but I will know for sure in a lil less than two months how good she is if you can wait til then, but if not I know a lot of maui brides used her. She comes to you and is really affordable!
  • Options
    agutie001agutie001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Jessica Waite for Make-up and Dan Sanchez for Hair. I did my trial run a few weeks ago and they are amazing, I am sure you will love them. Alda
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jessica and Dan do look amazing, but they are really pricey and I heard they hit you with a lot of "extra" charges, just something to keep in mind! There work is very good though, I wish I had lots of $$$ to spend and I would get them but for the money I think Jean Muldoon is just as good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is also Shelly of Mariah's Mane and she has a mobil salon and will come to wherever you are http://mariahsmane.com/index.htm
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just used Dan and Jess - I've never heard of them hitting you with extra charges... and they certainly didn't for me! Jess is doubly amazing. Sweetest girl ever!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Shelley from Mariah's Mane.  I had a morning wedding too and couldn't stomach paying double travel fees and early morning fees for the Jessica/Dan duo.  I have read Dan is sometimes late, so that also worried me with a morning wedding and all.  Shelley did a great job - pictures in bio.
  • Options
    Happy2BMrsHappy2BMrs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Plush in Lahaina....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    (Ooh Kaesha!  As wonderful as Dan & Jessice are, they do charge you extra travel fees (more than most other MUA) and they also have an extra charge for morning weddings.)Beth, where are you getting married?  I couldn't tell from the pics in bio.  If you're getting married on the west side, you should look into Cindy from Studio 220 in Lahaina.  They do have a salon but I also know they travel to your hotel room.  Aside from the ones already mentioned, another west side MUA is Regina C.  I think Peachmango (???) used her.
  • Options
    laabethlaabeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The wedding is at the King Kamehaeha Golf Club in Waikapu, which is pretty much central and not too far to travel. I won't actually be getting dressed there though.  We haven't decided on where we will be staying yet, but it will be either Kihei or Lahaina probably as thats where most accomodations are. I think my biggest concern is that it is going to be a really early day!!
    TTC since 3/2010 Off BCP 2008 B/W = Good
    HSG 6/24/2011 = Clear S/A = Decrease in Morph due to meds
    First RE appt = 8/24/2011 Lap on 9/16/2011
    Dx = Endo and possible blocked tube
    Natural Cycle due to Cyst
    S/PAIF Welcome!
    My (non 3t!) Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "I think my biggest concern is that it is going to be a really early day!!"ahhh, it will be ok! I would have been up that early anyways b/c I was so excited.  I had my sister and BFF stay with me the night before (DH stayed with his parents) and even my sister was up and ready to get moving that early (and she is NOT a morning person).  She went out and got us all coffee and continental breakfast type items, I thought it was perfect and I was so happy I didn't have to "kill time" the day of my wedding  :)Most hairstylist tell you not to wash your hair so I just took a quick shower about 10 mins. before Shelley was due to arrive at my room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards