Hawaii
Options

Invitation Timeline

I know invitations are typically sent out 6-8 weeks before the wedding, but this will put right around the holidays (my wedding date is Feb 6).  Do you think I should send my invites earlier so it doesn't get forgotten during the holiday rush?  Or do you think that will make it more likely to be forgotten?For those who DIY'ed your wedding invites, how long did it take you to put together?  Time is ticking down and I don't even have my design yet...  :x

Re: Invitation Timeline

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We DIYed ours and it didn't take that long, couple of hours, but of course this depends on how intricate yours are!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine felt like they took forever! We sent out Save the Dates out one year before and then the invites went out 4 months prior.
  • Options
    pbkmompbkmom member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are putting ours together today!  Sending them out 4 months early because of distance and to prompt people to make their travel plans! I am graphically impaired so we found some really great water color invites from lenila designs. You can save $1.50 on each by printing and assembling them yourselves. We are using vintage cards for RSVP's . If I figure out pip i will post them. Actually I just read she is having a sale  here is her website http://www.designsbylenila.com/
  • Options
    KKakesKKakes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent out our invites 3-4 months before the big day. I know people don't usually do it that early, but with a DW you can do anything! It helped me so much to get them out and RSVP'ed early, so I would say do it before the holiday rush...for you and for your guests! :) I did not DIY my invites, but everything else that I did DIY took me WAY longer than I thought. Alway over budget on time! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I naively thought we could assemble our invites in one weekend but it took forever!!!!  Ours had 3 inserts and everything was backed onto cardstock and basho paper.  We also had over 150 we had to make!I don't think there's anthing wrong with sending out the invitations early...  Is this a DW for you/your guests?  If so, then it'll be nice to give them time to make their travel plans.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess my situation is a little different since it's not a DW.  I have some people flying in from out of town, but most are from here, so they're used to traveling back and forth and will just stay with their parents when they're here (so they don't have to worry about car and lodging).I had my first wedding nightmare the other night-- it was two weeks before the wedding and I didn't even have invitations out yet.  I literally stayed up all night (til 7:30 am) working on designing our invite.  I'm still working, but I'll PIP some soon to get your opinions :)
  • Options
    LilSwtAzynLilSwtAzyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think if its local you can send your invite 2 months before if you've already sent your save-the-dates... 3-4 months is kind of long for a local event because ppl may forget by the time it comes up since they don't have to make travel reservations.
    Planning BIO! / Halekulani / Aug 29 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards