Hawaii

Reception Location Suggestions

Hello ladies.  There have been some major changes in our wedding planning for our April 2010 Maui wedding.  We were booked and confirmed at the Seawatch for our ceremony and reception for April.  Unfortunatly, my dad has been laid off from work and I don't want to make my parents feel like they have to do something so expensive.We have begun looking at other options to 'scale down' some costs.We've decided to just have the ceremony at a public beach/park.  Hopefully the Maluaka Beach Park.  It looks beautiful.  For the reception we have looked at the Kihei Community Center then having food from either Da Kitchen or Dani's Catering.  Something reasonable.  Everyone we've mentioned the KCC to seems to think it is going to be WAY too big for our small party (50 people rough estimate).So I'm looking for suggestions/ideas/thoughts....Is there somewhere in or near South Maui where we can rent a hall of some sorth that isn't going to cost a small fortune??  It would be ideal to be able to do our own food and alcohol to save money!!  We really like the idea of a more "private" reception place too.Sorry for the novel!  TIA!!-Amanda

Re: Reception Location Suggestions

• carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry about your dad. Have you looked into less expensive restaurants? You might try contacting Cafe O'Lei in Kihei, or Maalea Grill. Or you could do a yelp.com search for more affordable restaurants and call to see if they can accommodate you. I'm sorry, but I'm no help whatsoever with a hall. Maybe try the chamber of commerce on Maui? However, one of the options we've been thinking about for our welcome dinner is having ppl meet us at Kamaole III, putting together some picnic tables, and bringing in tasty food from Da Kitchen. Might this work for you? I was going to call the Maui County parks office to make sure you can put tables together first - just to make sure - so if this is something you consider you may want to try it.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually did some research on this as I was looking for a place to host a welcome dinner. The Kihei Community Center really is the only "hall" around. I agree with PP about looking into restaurants if you want the privacy and if you give them your budget, many of them will be more than willing to work with you on putting together your event. You should look into Mulligan's on the Blue and Five Palms. If you don't mind driving a little bit, Cafe O'Lei at the Maui Lani Golf Course in Kahului is another option where you can have a private event. Hope this helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards