Hawaii

***BoBride28***

I forgot to post a reply about your Honolulu Coookie Company question... I got the heart shaped cookies, they are around 2" x 2" ... then I put them in these .65 cent lauhala boxes from http://www.ailanakai.com/and put my own ribbon.those .65 cent boxes are around 2x2 as well.  I had 2 cookies in each and it fit but sort of at a diagonal in the box.The pineapple shaped cookies will not fit into 2x2 .... this website sells slightly bigger boxes too.  I was happy with the quality of the boxes.  The braided "hay"? or whatever it's called was a little thin, but I didn't mind.  All the boxes looked the same so I liked that.  I'm pretty sure their bigger boxes are made with more hardy thicker material.The Honolulu Cookie Co. website tells you dimensions of each of the cookie shapes.HTH!

Re: ***BoBride28***

• edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, Jen! I also just checked out Honolulu Cookie Company's website and it says that the heart shaped, number 1, and butterfly shape cookies will not be available for bulk order from tomorrow through Xmas. Good thing I like the pineapple shaped ones! So the website says the cookies measure approximately 2.75" x 1.5" (4" x 2" wrapped). Do you think I could get away with a 3x3x3 box or would I need to get a 4x4x4? I wanted to put two cookies into each box.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • amyj513amyj513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it was M&M that said she bought the 2x2 and was able to fit in two cookies. I had a post a ways down re. these cookies and that is where she responded...I'll try to dig it up.
  • amyj513amyj513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oops, it was Tya.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually asked Tya down below whether she got the pineapple shaped ones. I didn't look to see if she responded yet though. Hopefully she did because the 2x2 boxes are the cheapest!
  • edited December 2011
    I really don't think the pinapple cookies are going to fit into the 2x2 box.  My 2 heart cookies just fit. 2 pineapple cookies should fit into the 3x3x3.  If you place them at a diagonal inside the box, they will fit, because the diagonal length will be at least 4.24" (because the hypotenuse of a right triangle is a squared + b squared = c squared, with the hypotenuse being c).  Don't worry, I was a math teacher and really good at math in school, I'm pretty positive that I'm right.Also, I wouldn't suggest putting the pinapple cookie in the 2x2x2 box unless it's just one cookie.The pinapple cookie is 2.75 x 1.5, right?  Or 4x2 wrapped.  The diagonal in the 2x2x2 box is 2.83, so it would be cutting it pretty close, and yeah, I'm pretty sure only 1 cookie would fit unless they are really thin.  And they're not.Has anyone had a different experience and been able to fit the 2 pineapple cookies into a 2x2x2 box?  (asking to all the knotties, not to BoBride obviously).Bo, you might want to ask the Nesties what their experiences were.
  • amyj513amyj513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW! jen i am impressed! You have me laughing right now!  In a good way.
  • edited December 2011
    I know, I'm silly, but doing math makes me happy.  I broke out the notepad and was drawing cubes and dotted line diagonals and all that while computing! : )
  • edited December 2011
    well i'm glad you are a math whiz so now i know the right boxes to order! i'm going with the 3x3x3. THANK YOU!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards