Hawaii

Makeup Question

Has anyone here used false lashes during their wedding?? I wanted to, but the more i think about it, the more apprehensive i am that  it may look unnatural, or worse, fall off! anyone tried it before?

Re: Makeup Question

• JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not married yet, but I used false lashes for our engagement photos. I didn't think they looked unnatural at all. It just slightly enhanced my lashes. Maybe try it out before the wedding that way you can see if you can handle them for the day. I road-tested some different lashes out the week before so I knew which ones felt comfortable and looked the most natural. Oh and my lashes stuck on all day. So I don't think you will have a problem. :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BTW - I would wear them everyday if I could. I fell in love with the look. But it's just a lot to add to my daily routine. So I just use them for special occasions now.
  • edited December 2011
    I did! Totally recommended!
  • diorgrl8diorgrl8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cool! so what brand do you ladies recommend? i've tried MAC and some cheapie drugstore brand, and the MAC one seemed too heavy...might have needed a different style..
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used lashes from Ardell. I found them at Target. I think it might have been 110, 135 or 109. I would buy a couple different ones. Oh, and I watched some YouTube how-tos on how to apply them. It helped me out a lot.
  • edited December 2011
    i am thinking about getting eyelash extensions.  it's pretty expensive ($150+) since they glue the lash extensions to one of your existing lashes one-by-one.  they are considered semi-permanent since they last until your normal lash falls out.  i have a friend who did it for a wedding once, and it looked really good!  i've been wanting to try it, and this will be a good reason to do it :)
  • diorgrl8diorgrl8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jamie- i thought about that too, my friend tried it as well and they looked so good, but they did look a little loose/frayed the longer she had them...plus, i'm planning on snorkeling and surfing when i'm out there, so i don't wanna risk it.. but let me know if you try it out though! janine- yeah ardell is the drugstore brand ive tried..they're pretty good actually! made w/ real hair. i'm gonna have to practice :)
  • japnezdolljapnezdoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! A couple of my friends had the individual false lashes and had their makeup artist do it.  It looked really good and natural.  It's not as permanent as the lash extensions.  But I think the individual ones are a little more difficult to put on yourself than the full lash ones. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have used both the full eyelashes and the individual ones, I have put both on myself and I think anyone can do it themselves and a make-up artist shoulf for sure know how to. I have used a bunch of MAC ones, the 7's and 9's are my fav, what ones did you try??? I have also used ones from the drug store. honestly once you ahve them on it does not matter whether they are made from real hair or synthetic....I don't think you will havea  problem keeping them on either and like Janie, I think you will fall in love with the look, like her I wish I could pull it off for everyday, but it's a lil dramatic! I would go to MAC and tell them it's for your wedding and what look you are going for and they can reccomend some! HTH!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not actually sure which ones my make-up artist used, but I've worn lots of different types for stage stuff and... well... I think they all rock!
  • mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore MAC fake eyelashes for my engagements shots...I think it was #4, they were very natural looking and my eyes got used to them after about an hour. They stayed on all day through the sweltering heat, too! I loved how they looked.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards