Hawaii
Options

Oahu WC?? Please help

Ok i'm totally freaking out. We put a small deposit on a photographer (Barry Maier - anyone heard of him?). He talked us into a sunrise ceremony instead of sunset (which im not thrilled about) in a location 1 hour from the North Shore - which im not excited about either. I really don't like the Waikiki area and wanted to stay on the North Shore. I'm totally stressing out because now the guy hasn't returned my emails or phone calls in over 2 weeks and i wanted to discuss other locations. Ugh!! I'm wanting to hire a wedding coordinator but after this experience, really scared to pick the wrong one. Does anyone have any suggestions for a WC without breaking the bank?? Thanks!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Oahu WC?? Please help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hello! so sorry to hear about your experience with your photographer. it is so had planning from so far and when you have vendors that don't get back to you it is so frustrating! i would recommend KathE Garcia of Gayle Wedding. she was amazing and so organized. i trusted her completely and she is like a friend to me now. a hurricane was supposed to hit on my wedding day and kathe took care of everything including back up plane. i know that the rain stayed away because of her! if you have any other questions or would like more info. please feel free to e mail me. ryandjenatlani09 at g mail dot com
    ryan and jennifer |august 10, 2009| lanikuhonua phase II
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i also second kathE. i'm using her for my wedding and she's been really helpful.
  • Options
    LilSwtAzynLilSwtAzyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KathE forsure.. make sure to tell her hi from all of us!!! As far as your photog.. never heard of him! But you shouldn't let him talk you into anythign you don't want to do! Its funny cause I know most photogs don't like shooting at sunrise cause the lighting isn't good... If you wanna stay in the northshore and want to go private then go with lanikuhonua! HTH good luck with your photo. If by chance you need another photog definitely recommend shawn starr (shawnstarr.com)
    Planning BIO! / Halekulani / Aug 29 2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with Tya re: photography lighting. Don't let him push you around if you want a sunset ceremony in a location you don't want! This is YOUR wedding, not your photographers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the encouragement. I found Elizabeth Morgan. anyone heard of her? I really like her pictures and she's emailed me back 11 times already today!! =)www.morganhawaii.com We'll see. Need to think some more.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    highly recommend our coordinator Dianna from Hawaii Weddings and Events.   She has all kinds of packages to choose from www.hawaiiweddingsandevents.com and has been used by alot of Knotties on the board too
  • Options
    bulinbulin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, Dianna is good!!!  I think KathE and Dianna are the two most popular WC on this board.  I hired Dianna and she is on it.  I usually get a response from her in 5 minutes.  I honestly don't know how she does it.  You should definitely check both out.  http://www.hawaiiweddingsandevents.com/ As far the the photog...sorry but have never heard of him.  I am using Frank Amodo, he's got some super nice pictures and is a very nice guy.
  • Options
    2OahuWeGo2OahuWeGo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  So far, the vendor reviews here have been right on.Dianna Shitanishi is our DOC - awesome.Can't say it enough.  And, she'll think of details you could have missed.  No matter how many times you go over things, nothing replaces experience and familiarity with your venue.I thought I'd be freaking out by now...well, not as bad as I would be....because I know Dianna will have the answers.She is great!Hope this helps.
  • Options
    eacernaeacerna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My WC was also Dianna :-). She's highly reputable and well respecte din the industry. She offers different packages. Email her and she may be able to customize a package for your needs. Sorry, i haven't heard of your photog either. Did you do research before you booked him? Hope you get hold of him soon.
  • Options
    noeleon19noeleon19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so sorry to hear of your stress! I suggest Bianca Photography. She and her husband Grant do amazing! I am using them for my wedding in June but they did photography for 2 couples that I am friends with. They are really cool and very easy to work with. Otherwise, for your wedding coordinators, I am using Royal Weddings by Lavender, LLC. As a business they are relatively new but the lead consultant Darci has been in the industry for a long time. I won their services at the Wedding Expo and was skeptical at first because they are a little bit more relaxed -local style. They do not seem to be the typical anal retentive type yet. But I became more at ease as we started to meet with some vendors and I saw that Darcie does have some credibility in their industry. For all I know maybe their relaxed attitude in reflective of how I am approaching the wedding. It is worth meeting with them at least. 808-693-6239, www.rylwedbylav.com , darcie@rylwedbylave.com. Her husband Gabe is also part of the duo and is also a disc jockey if you are looking for one for your reception. He just does not MC.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Elizabeth was our photog.  Email me, and I can send you a link to the 300+ photos from our wedding that I put online (out of the 1300+).  I can give you some more detailed comments over email as well.Overall, I thought Elizabeth was great to work with.  She made us feel super comfortable, was always very responsive to emails, sent out the photos in a timely manner, etc.  She definitely has a particular style to her photography that is very different from Shawn Starr or Frank Amodo - I still have photog envy sometimes ;), but neither Shawn or Frank were available for our date.  She's much more about the romance, not the dramatic shots.  She's also available for just a few hours, if you're looking for a smaller package, so that may or may not matter to you.Email me esandra at gmail if you want to see/hear more.  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards