Hawaii
Options

I'm going to Oahu next month!!!!

Omg!!! I am SO FREAKING EXCITED!!! Ryan just got an interview with the internal medicine residency program at the university in Oahu next month! I checked with my boss to see if I could have the time off to go with him, and checked my airmiles balance...and I am going too!!!I've never been to Hawaii. I never thought he would get an interview there, we might end up moving to Oahu in July if we really like the program and he gets accepted :):) We would only be there for his preliminary year, and then we would probably return to Oklahoma for his 4 year program but it would be paradise! I would rent scuba gear and live like a beach bum.Anyway, I'm going Nov. 17-22 (BoBride, do you need me to check on anything for you while I'm there?? Anyone else?) I can't wait to get home tonight and start researching things to see and places to go!
andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
My Planning Bio

Re: I'm going to Oahu next month!!!!

• Options
    diorgrl8diorgrl8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting! the prospect of moving to hawaii is super exciting! Have a great time!! Go eat at Boots and Kimos if you like pancakes! LOL. i always tell everyone that...it's the best
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How exciting!  Best of luck to Ryan!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How fun!! I will be there during that same time -- but I will be there to get married!! YAYY!!! I really hope it works out for you guys, because I don't think anything could sound more fabulous than actually getting to live in Oahu!!
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah!! Leah, that's so exciting!! Maybe I'll bump into you while you're out running errands :)
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are so sweet to think of me! I'll actually be arriving into Oahu the evening of the 22nd and then getting my interisland flight to Maui. Maybe we'll see each other at the airport!  :) If you guys have any time at all, you should totally take a quick day trip to Maui and go visit Olowalu! That would be fun! Good luck to Ryan, I hope he gets accepted into the program! It would be awesome to live in Oahu for a year!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    inamrainamra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's GREAT news!! Hope all goes well with Ryan's interview and have fun you guys!!!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah good luck to him! Living in hawaii is awesome!!! I am moving back in April for good and I can't waiiiiit!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's great news! I know the Oahu transitional/IM programs are super competitive, so it's awesome that Ryan got an interview. It's a big deal. :) I hope you guys like it there. Good luck with the whole match process. It's a crazy time.
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! That is great news...I really hope Ryan gets accepted and you get to live the the life as a "beach bum"...lol.  Good for the two of you...soooo exciting.  Good luck!!! J. :-)
  • Options
    KKakesKKakes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG so FUN!!! How great would it be if Ryan got into the program and you could just chill and kick it on the beach...all tan ;-) Fun Fun Fun!! Will you get to go to Olowalu?? Yay for exciting trips :)
  • Options
    laabethlaabeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is super exciting especially since you've never been!  I hope you enjoy your visit, and if you move and need a scuba buddy let me know :)
    TTC since 3/2010 Off BCP 2008 B/W = Good
    HSG 6/24/2011 = Clear S/A = Decrease in Morph due to meds
    First RE appt = 8/24/2011 Lap on 9/16/2011
    Dx = Endo and possible blocked tube
    Natural Cycle due to Cyst
    S/PAIF Welcome!
    My (non 3t!) Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo!!!!  Congrats and Good Luck to Ryan!!!!   :)
  • Options
    pbkmompbkmom member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Rent a car and drive around the island. There's so much more to Oahu then Honolulu.. we like to start the drive around Diamond Head going east to Makapu , Kailua, up to the north shore then back to Honolulu on 999 and H2,By all means fly over to Maui for the day, you can get a flight for about $110 round trip. Enjoy!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards