Hawaii
Options

F/U Dress Drama (Vent)

So after playing phone tag and waiting on responses to my emails, the dress lady emailed me to say she is standing by her work. UGH! What does she not understand???? It's a wedding dress people!!! If something is "completed" or "finalized" than it should not have holes, snags, marks, or fraying seams when delivered!!! OMG I am so over HER and this nonsense. She agreed to refund 3/4 of our money only if I return my stuff - WHICH I WILL GLADLY DO!I know it's over, I have a new dress, but this just burns my biscuits. I am not a liar, I did not make all this stuff up, I didnt wear my dress numerous times so that all this stuff happened to it. I really don't understand how. And I guess it's hard since we trusted her to take care of all of this. She said she was able to make all this stuff for us, but everything was wrong. I just don't get it. DEEP BREATH - And now time to move on. No need to waste my energy. Still very disappointed though. :(

Re: F/U Dress Drama (Vent)

• Options
    AngelshannAngelshann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh girl...I would be furious still!! You should report her to the Better Business Bureau! Because that is sooo unacceptable. I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. BUT I am happy to hear you have another dress and that it is time to move on!!
  • Options
    burichanburichan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What I don't understand about these business owners is that THEY don't understand that things are totally transparent now. There are things like yelp and BBB that can destroy a business! Sorry that sucks girl. I would yelp the hell out of it!
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, she doesn't deserve any more of your energy for sure! At least she agreed to refund most of your money...get lots of documentation before she send it back and post about her on all the review boards.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You reported her, right? 'Cause if you don't other people might be in your situation. =(
  • Options
    elaineNgeneelaineNgene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry Janine, but 3/4 of your money refunded is definitely better than nothing.  Make sure you keep her emails, or something written formally and snail mailed that states her agreement to refund a certain amount, and get delivery confirmations for everything you send back.  As soon as this is all over, just put it behind you.  It's totally not worth the added stress and aggravation, but I know it would be hard for me to forget so easily as well.Just remember that your wedding is coming up and you found a GORGEOUS dress to marry your FI in!!!!  Everything will be okay, and just think of this as the only bump in the road for you, and it's now behind you.  Your wedding day should be perfect and stress free :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vent away, dear.  I would too!  That is so unfortunate that she was unable to pull through for you.  On the plus side - you found a gorgeous dress that looks amazing on you.  DEEP BREATH - you're going to be a gorgeous bride!
  • Options
    ~BFF~~BFF~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Janine I'm soo sorry that you had to deal with such a hassle.  I know it's not what you wanted but at least your getting back some of your money.  She definitely needs on honest review about her work and customer service, make sure you have lots of documentation.  Keep your chin up!!  BTW I check out DB and they were all super nice there =)
  • Options
    JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kaesha - Am I able to report this to the BBB even if she offered the 3/4 refund? I looked on the BBB website, and I am not sure what to do. What will filing a complaint result in?
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would report to the BBB what's true.  You paid for a wedding dress (and BM dresses).  You got deficient dresses in return.  A new seamstress observed certain deficiencies (and list them).  You requested your money back, and she offered to give you a 3/4 refund.  You had to buy a new dress. The BBB will decide what to do with your complaint.  They basically just track consumer complaints, and when other consumers look up that business they'll be able to see your complaint.  They also will rate businesses, so too many consumer complaints can result in business not getting good BBB ratings.  It allows other consumers to make informed choices about where to spend their money. Also, provide similar concise and clear information on review sites like yelp.  Just stick to the truth of what happened, and you'll be fine. But wait till you get your refund before you do this.
  • Options
    JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the info Carrie!
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm happy for you that she agreed to give you some of your money back but you should still light her up on the net and notify the BBB as other knotties have said.  Personally i would do this once you return from your honeymoon and have received your money back.  You're getting married next month...sooo exciting!!! J. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards