Hawaii
Options

Costco or Safeway Floral

I am looking to purchase a few things floral wise such as flower pedals, two fresh lei's and a man's green lei (not sure of the name). I am bringing my own bouquets so I am good with that. How do I go about requesting information on these? Should I use different people for the lei's and man's green lei? and buy the pedals at cotsco. What do you think?? Thanks for your thoughts. ... oh pedal wise I was thinking either rose, plumeria, or orchairds (sorry for any miss spellings). (my bouquets are pulmerias fyi) Thanks

Re: Costco or Safeway Floral

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on what Island you are getting married on. I had a tight budget so for my lei's I used Ali'i Leis, they are gorgeous and really well priced, for the lei's, oh and btw the guys lei is called a cook mailie lei or just mailie lei. They are on maui, for petals I would just go to the store and get roses and seperate the petals from the rose heads yourself to save money. Those are my recs....hth!
  • Options
    wild onionwild onion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi - I'm getting married on Maui at the end of December, and am planning on ordering my flowers from Costco (you put the order in through Maui Floral (www.mauifloral.com)).  It's $15.99 for 18 roses, which makes a lot of petals.  I'm also ordering a haku lei through them.  I even sent them pictures of a diy arrangement I'd like to make for my centerpieces, and they gave me an estimate of the cost.  Maureen at Maui Floral was very helpful, so I'd recommend at least contacting them for an estimate.  It might be that getting the leis elsewhere (as the pp mentioned) would be cheaper, but if you're already a member of Costco, their flowers are a pretty good deal.
  • Options
    wild onionwild onion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops, looks like your wedding might be on O'ahu.  In that case, Chinatown has the cheapest leis (and if you're buying several, be sure to negotiate).  I always went to one of the places on Beretania, but there are several on Maunakea st. as well.  If there's a chance your wedding will coincide with graduations, you might want to call ahead and make sure they've got the maile lei in before making the trip. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards