Hawaii
Options

Details, Details

I'm a planner by nature, but I like big details and big check marks.  Wedding location - check. Dress - check.  Airline Tickets - check, Hotel - check, Reception - check (although I'm debating changing to scale down the budget), Florist - check.  So the major stuff is under control.  Yesterday a friend (who is actually from Honolulu) called.  She was having a bad day at work and wanted to meet for a drink.  Far be it for me to turn down a drink invitation lol.  We're at the bar chatting and she said "soo....what kind of cute favors am I going to get when I go to your wedding?  Let's talk about the details, tell me everything".  Welll.....I've got nothing lol.  She sees by the look on my face that I've got nothing and says "OMG you have nothing do you?".  I responded she was right.  That I really didn't have so much as an idea or where to begin.  So here I am 7 months out and totally clueless.  I see all the cute things you all are doing and still can't even get inspired to come up with any sort of idea.  I don't have a lot of time to get on  the computer and search for ideas.  I have a lot of magazines that I go through because I'm more of the sit in front of the TV and read a magazine type person.  What did you all do to get inspired or am I just weird and all of you were already inspired?  When we were a year out I thought this is going to be forever and suddently it's not forever.Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Re: Details, Details

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our OOT bags as the favors, filled with fun vacation/beachy stuff.....the girls on here have tonsss of ideas, you will find something that sparks your interest soon!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First, don't stress about favors. They nowhere near necessary, so it's not worth it. This far out, and you have done what you need. Second, you don't have to do favors. If you do, make them edible. Ppl, especially when they're travelling, leave them behind. Third, I'm not doing favors. We're doing OOT bags that we'll give out at the welcome dinner. Ideas are in my bio under OOT bag.
  • Options
    KKakesKKakes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didnt even do favors so don't worry!!!! No one expects it and if they get it, its a bounus. I put paper fans that I tied with a cute cheap little bow on each persons chair and that was enough for them (plus, is blocked the sun for them which they loved!). We did not do OTT bags (for budget reasons) but instead went to safeway and bought a pineapple, tied a raffia bow around it and delivered it to our guests room with a welcome not and schedule of events (I printed on my work printer...email me at kelseypm(at)hotmail(dot)com if you want a copy of it for inspiration). Here are some pics of what we delivered! Pineapples were $1.29 at Safeway (on sale!!) and the welcome packs were free because I just printed them out myself! Here are pics of what I did for "OTT" gifts, cheap and awesome :) [img]http://tinyurl.com/yz6zyy7[/img] [img]http://tinyurl.com/y8ejhfa[/img]
  • Options
    KKakesKKakes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You definitely don't have to do favors, but we decided to do them to give everyone a treat for coming so far to celebrate with us. We are also giving them OOT bags. And seriously, we came up with the favor ideas last week, so you have plenty of time!! For favors we are giving everyone a few hawaiian flavored/inspired teas that we are putting in an organza bag. The flavors sound so yummy. Here is the website: http://www.welcometotheislands.com/Shop/Gourmet-Foods/3/Tea/35
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lindasuklindasuk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a weddng CD as our favor. We put all of our favorite love songs on it. I ordered CD labels, CD envelopes and outside labels from online. And I used my place cards as little thank you notes for each guest. We put personalized messages on the card and attached it to the favors. Everyone seemed to like it.[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/ftoneo.jpg[/IMG]
  • Options
    lindasuklindasuk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    lindasuklindasuk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I tried to PIP. I guess i'm not that great at it after all. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't lose sleep about the favors.  Most of them end up in the trash anyways.  If you want you could always do some kind of sweet treat as a favor.  BoBride and a couple of other knotties are giving Honolulu Cookie Co cookies as their favors.  (The cookies are sooooo good!)We weren't going to do any since we were already giving everyone a welcome bag (with our logo on it).  At the last minute we ended up getting these miniature mint tins; we put a personalized sticker on them and filled them with orange and white tic tac.  Extremely last minute and was done on a complete whim!  I saw a picture of something similar, loved the idea and thought it would be a cute way to add more turquoise/blue at the reception table.[img]http://tinyurl.com/yakqky2[/img]
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used cut out pictures of things that I liked and sent copies to my WC.   We actually didn't decide on what we were going to do for favors until we got closer to the date.  Our WC gave us several ideas and ultimately we decided to splurge on a candy buffet and everyone loved it.   You still have time, don't worry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I was going to go with the Honolulu Cookie Co cookies as favors but I was having such a hard time finding the boxes to put them in (many websites were sold out) and the ones I could find were too big and too expensive. We decided if anything, we will throw a couple of them in the OOT bags. They really are so yummy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BoBride, have you thought about just tying a ribbon around the cookie with a piece of cardstock with your monogram on it?  That'll save $$$
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We already bought the hawaiian teas that we will put in organza bags (see my reply earlier in this post for the website). It was quick and a lot less work in terms of figuring out how to put it together! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh! Hahaha!  Sorry... I did see that.... duh!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the input.  The good news....you reminded me that I have already started on the OOT bags so maybe I'm not in that bad of shape.  I'm stressing about favors and anything paper right now.  I'm just not creative and this part is hard for me.  We will have things, I just have to come up with the ideas and make sure it all flows.  My friend that is an artist and designing my invitations just moved across country last week (although she'll still be helping), and I feel like I've lost something here lol.  FI and I had a "paper" talk last night but it didn't make me feel better lol.  UGH!!!  It will be fine, I know.  I just keep saying that lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how many guests you are having, but we did cookies from Big Island Candies and they packaged them up for us in boxes with ribbon. We tied little tags to them after they arrived in Maui. They turned out cute and the cookies were DELISH!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards