Hawaii
Options

Wedding recap - slightly overdue

Hey ladies!  I am so sorry its taken me so long to write this but with traveling back to Germany, finishing up a college course and research paper (yup, I was taking college courses while planning and getting married) and getting back to work... I haven't had much time to write a long post.  As for the details... the rehearsal dinner and wedding were great!  We had our rehearsal dinner at the Bayer Estate and it was PERFECT!  The location is stunning, the set up was gorgeous and the food was delicious.  We had a typical family BBQ where my uncle and cousin cooked.  I couldn't have asked for anything better.  Our families, especially the out-of-town guests, loved the location.  If it could have accommodated a few more people, we would have had our wedding there.  Sooz - the owner of the Bayer Estate - is absolutely fabulous!  The night was perfect. The week and a half leading up to the wedding were stressful as all hell.  DH and I didn't get to relax at all cause we had so much running around to do.  My step mom had made all these plans tand promises to help and just totally stopped about a month or so before the wedding.  It was quite frustrating but we were still able to pull it all off.  Our venue - the Officer's Club - was pretty but the event coordinator almost made it not worth it.  She was quite horrible... and we had some problems before and during the wedding.  However, on the day of the wedding, I was able to just let it go and not worry about it.  We were lucky to have some amazing vendors that outweighed the bad ones (there really wasn't any in between).  The wedding was very much DH and I - not too fancy and not filled with things or people that aren't us.  Now I am back in Germany, heading to the states the weekend for a conference and then DH is finally moving here to Germany with me.  I CAN'T WAIT!  After 2.5 years of living apart... we're FINALLY going to be together.  It's so nice be able to call him my hubby... and to know that we can finally just start our life as Mr. and Mrs.  As soon as I get more pics, I will definitely post them.  I don't have a ton right now (I can't access my email from my work computer and I STILL don't have internet at home) but hopefully I'll be able to post more soon.  Thanks for all your help throughout the planning phase ladies.  I look forward to helping future brides and just getting back to chatting with you all - I've missed it! (here are a few pics... they aren't fabulous but figured I'd share the few I have right now... let's hope I PIP'd right) My bouquet - wished it would have been brighter like Kaeshas or SnarlingFox's but still loved it.  [img]http://tinyurl.com/yfz95aq[/img] My BM's bouquets... small and simple but they all love daisies so I wanted them to carry something they liked (plus my mom and dad had daisies ALL OVER their wedding)[img]http://tinyurl.com/yjubchq[/img] Me and my sister - one of my BMs in her gorgeous green dress - the shade was PERFECT![img]http://tinyurl.com/yz8gx9x[/img] Part our table decoration/set up - simple kermit pom centerpieces and SKITTLES (I said since I was young that I would have skittles at my wedding - so I did - the kids AND adults loved snacking on them)[img]http://tinyurl.com/yg993th[/img] And just for fun... a picture of me and my MOH going crazy for "OUR SONG" (don't know what song it was cause every song that night was OUR SONG).  We had a great time dancing up a storm.[img]http://tinyurl.com/yj697zo[/img]

Re: Wedding recap - slightly overdue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Squee!! No, that bouquet is freaking awesome! I love the pinks in there.The dresses are perfect, you look so insanely happy and the orchid in your hair?!? PERFECTION. I love it Cristin!
  • Options
    burichanburichan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful! I really love the bouquet and you look amazing in your dress! I just moved from Germany 2 years ago from Hanau. Are you in Ramstein? That's where I was born!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    your pics are gorgeous! love the last one :)can't wait to see more!
  • Options
    PugRollsPugRolls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!  :)
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You looked beautiful!!! Love your dress and your bouquet was perfect! Sounds like you've had quite the busy few months, hope everything settles down soon :) Congrats again!
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You and your sister are gorgeous, and your flowers are gorgeous! I love the looped grasses, or whatever they're called. The skittles thing cracked me up - we weren't allowed to eat candy often when we were growing up, so imagine my mom's surprise when she went to vacuum under the bean bag in my room one day and found FOUR POUNDS of skittles hidden under there! It looks like one of your BM's had "skittle tongue" in that last picture...?
  • Options
    AngelshannAngelshann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cristin you look so beautiful girl!! Love the dress, the flowers and the skittles!! I am so happy you and your husband are finally going to be together!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    beautiful!!! welcome back and thanks so much for sharing pictures with us!!! I totally know how you feel about being apart from your DH for so long! It's the same for me and my FI. I can't wait for it to be over! So happy for you! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You were simply glowing!!  I love love love the flower in your hair. Do you mind telling me what it was?  Real?  Thank you so much for sharing your day with us!! 
  • Options
    JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your bouquet is gorgeous! And you look so beautiful in your dress!! You're wedding looks so fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!  And the Skittles fit in perfectly with your color scheme!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You wedding looks like it was a blast. Love the dancing pics and the skittles. You look gorgeous. The flowers look gorgeous. Congrats. Looking forward to more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Soooo beautiful!! You look absolutely gorgeous in your dress!! What are you talking about with your bouquet?? I love it - the colors are nice and bright and very tropical!! And the BM dresses - great shade of green. Looks like a wonderful wedding. I'll email you soon. So happy you both are going to be together in Germany!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay Cristin!  Congrats girl!  You look gorgeous!!!!Glad that you were able to let things go on the day of the wedding... at the end of the day all that matters is that you got to marry your hubby, right?  :)  So wonderful to hear that your wedding fit yours and your hubby's (yay!  your DH!) personalities!  :)  LOVE the pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So beautiful!! You are glowing!! Looks like you all had a blast at the reception too, haha! Can't wait to see the pro pics!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! I'm so happy for you that everything went well!! So the other wedding didn't bother you? I'm so glad! love the skittle-tongue picture, that's awesome! everything looked great - love the skittles idea, loved the bouquet, it was beautiful!! and you looked so beautiful in your dress. can't wait for everything to be settled for you in Germany!
  • Options
    kwippykwippy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg Cristin, you look gorgeous!!! It's so awesome that we FINALLY got our men with us----LD sucks so bad, I'm on tdy to DC for a week and I'm miserable without him.  Congrats!
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats...everything looked beautiful...loved the dress!!! J. :-)
  • Options
    LilSwtAzynLilSwtAzyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YOU LOOKED BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
    Planning BIO! / Halekulani / Aug 29 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards