Hawaii
Options

STD question

Hi guys! Its been a while since I posted here but I have a general question and you guys are always so helpful and nice... What should I do about addressing/return addressing my STDs (ie labels, handwriting, printing them....) I have seriously spent more time worrying about what would look best for the adressing than the actual STG (which are by Wedding Divas and gorgeous BTW; I should try and PIP them!) They are a single sided card in a small white envelope to get an idea.Also, how formal/informal did you guys get in the addressing part of this STD process that is causing me so much trouble lol.Thanks in advance for any help! I need to send them soon!!

Re: STD question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i printed mine directly onto the envelope with a simple font to match our website. i didn't want it to be too script-y and fancy -- figured that may come later for the invites. i decided 1) not to do labels because i didn't want to worry about having to put them on "straight." sure enough, i received another STD with labels and the labels were crooked =\ 2) i have okay handwriting. it's not super pretty so i figured it'd be much faster/easier to print. plus it can be easily done in Word. if you have nice handwriting and the time, then it may be more fun to do that? personally, if i had nice handwriting, i'd do it for the invites :) also a tip that you totally DON'T have to take -- when i saw someone else's addressed it was like this: ms. carole-anne lastname and mr. cullen lastname address address i'm really weird and anal but thought it looked funny bc i initially was like "mr. cullen? didn't i give them his last name??" haha. i mean it may not matter to you, but it was just the little details that i double checked after my mail merge. lastly, the 'formality' we just did 'mr. and mrs. blahblah' or 'dr. and mrs. blahblah' sorry for such a long post. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We hand wrote ours too - crooked label fears here too!
  • Options
    AJAALEXANDRIAAJAALEXANDRIA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, you guys! And Carole-Anne, that gave me so much clarity on what I should do. I actually tried using our printer and Word to do it, but the practice ones were totally crooked. I think after your responses, that I am going to hand write them; my penmanship is actually very good... I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't look tacky, so THANK YOU.I'm thinking of using a fine-tip aqua colored sharpie because my STDs are hot pink and lime, so I will DEFINITELY PIP them ASAP.Thank you guys again!
  • Options
    ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We kind of combined our STD and actual invites. So because of this I wanted a casual but elegant feel. We printed on wrap around labels. Due to the formatting of it all I actually think it actually took up more time than if we would have handwritten everything. I think it also really depends on your own personal taste and look you are going for.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We printed ours directly on the envelope.  (I have pretty decent penmanship but I can't write in a straight line to save my life!  haha!)  As for the formality, we kept ours pretty informal for the STD.  I didn't worry too much about the "proper way" to address the envelopes.  GL!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards