Hawaii
Options

Kahala Hotel and Resort

I am recently engaged and keeping all options open for a Hawaiian destination... we have two friends on Oahu which for now makes that location appealing.  Anyone have experience with the Kahala resort venue in Honolulu for a ceremony and reception?  A fun reception with a DJ and dancing is a priority so any advice on this would be appreciated!

Re: Kahala Hotel and Resort

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, we were just in Oahu and did some site visits for venues, including the Kahala.  The coordinator was great as I emailed her several times before we flew out.  We chose not to use the Kahala although it is nice.  The location was great if you don't want to be right in the touristy area - Waikiki.  The 2 outdoor areas for ceremony were nice but not very private.  The Diamond Head Gazebo accomadates a smaller group but is right in front of one of their outdoor restaurants.  The Koko Head Gazebo area is larger but right up against the beach where there are chaise lounges and sunbathers.  On the tour they assured us they do ask guests to move out of the way during the ceremony.   They also have a dolphin program, and after watching the documentary movie "The Cove" we weren't comfortable with that.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips!  So very helpful!  Looking at the resort pictures on the web it didn't look very private and I don't like the idea of being by a bunch of sunbathers which I doubt leave during a ceremony... the more I look the more I'm tempted to start looking at Maui as well! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are lots of great options on Oahu and plenty on Maui, too. We're split about 50/50 here on the board between those two islands, and also a fairly even split across beach/resort/private estate weddings. Ask away...we're happy to help! Welcome to the board and congrats!!
  • Options
    hawaiiNjulyhawaiiNjuly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    During your site tours did you find any venues that had an option for a beach weddding. We are only expecting 25 guests so the state parks like (loulu palm estates and Lanikuhonua) aren't very feasable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards