Hawaii

Olowalu Brides

I am in the love with the pictures I've seen of Olowalu weddings.  I've spent the past week drooling over previous knottie Olowalu bride's bios and pictures and reviews. 

My heart is set on it as a venue or an equivalent which I have yet to find...

One thing is keeping me from taking the plunge and going with it.  My wedding will be very small, between 12-20 people, including us.  I don't want it to feel like too big of a place.  I don't want it to feel weird and empty.  Do you think I'm overthinking it?  Would it work with a small group like mine? I have enough time to find another place if you don't think so.

Now I'm going to sit here and pray the answer is yes...

Re: Olowalu Brides

• I got married at Olowalu last April and we had 26 people including us. It was the perfect venue for the ceremony & reception and all of our guests absolutely loved it.

I say go for it! It is such a gorgeous venue that I think it works for any size wedding.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_olowalu-brides-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:156e3590-c93c-41e4-a998-bbca9a13e46aPost:5512b634-2ae9-4a0b-82c1-b25c722ed615">Re: Olowalu Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got married at Olowalu last April and we had 26 people including us. It was the perfect venue for the ceremony & reception and all of our guests absolutely loved it. I say go for it! It is such a gorgeous venue that I think it works for any size wedding.
    Posted by jessj336[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!
    I think we willbe more towards the low end of that range and I'm hoping to keep the budget right around or under 10,000. I hope that isn't totally crazy.
    So far I have figured...
    2800 venue fee
    425 chairs, tables, linens, glassware and china
    800 lighting
    1500-2000 catering

With those numbers so far, I think I have a shot of hitting my budget....maybe.
  • Also remember, depending on what time of day you want your ceremony, you can cut the Olowalu cost by renting the place only for part of the day.  That is always an option as well.  I was having the same problem as you when I first saw Olowalu...once you see (even just photos) of that venue, nothing else will make you happy... so just go for it! :)
  • Yes, agree....works for any size, and it is a dream location! The lawn is big, but you'll be using different parts of it for the ceremony, dinner and dancing. Sunset pics there are the best.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Olowalu is not a huge place, I wouldn't worry about it feeling too big at all for your size group.  We had 50 people and I wouldn't have wanted any more there.  It was perfect size and perfect for our wedding, I wish I could go back and do it all over again! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards