Hawaii
Options

Change of plans... Help?

We're getting married on the property of a vacation rental on Oahu. 

Originally, we had planned to have the ceremony there and then have the reception hosted onsite as well with a tent, etc. In short, communication (or lack thereof) with Oahu caterers has been a nightmare. The ones that WERE wonderful, were FAR out of our budget. And unfortunately, although our wedding is on Oahu, we are still on a budget. The only reason we're doing it there is because it's immediate family only, and FI's family lives there. 

SO our new plan for the "reception" (really, just a family dinner) is to go to a restaurant. Our vacation rental is in Waialua, and the restaurant we're thinking of eating at is at Turtle Bay. My question now, is : What about our photographer? 

We originally had them for 7 hours, 4 of those hours having a second photographer for all the getting ready fun. (11am- 6pm'ish?) But now it just seems like overkill. We'll all be hanging out/ getting ready at the house and the ceremony will still be at the house. A lot of sitting around, I guess? Then after the ceremony and formal couple/family pics, we'll leave to go eat. I guess I DO want some pictures of the restaurant/table setup so we'll have that memory... but beyond that, it seems like he would just be taking pictures of us eating and drinking. 

Aside from the type of pictures that would be taken, how would I feed him? At that point, he would be the only vendor we have to feed. Would we let him grab a plate from our buffet? Where would he sit? 

I"m just not sure what to do with our whole photography thing anymore now that we've had to tone down our dreams of what our wedding setup would be. It's alot simpler than we started out with, which is okay. Just trying to balance things out now... 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- While trying on a wedding dress, I asked my 3 year old niece what she thought. She responded "where are your glass slippers?"

Re: Change of plans... Help?

• Options
    I would talk to the photographer and see what ideas he has. A few that come to mind is a TTD shoot or a post wedding shoot at a location with just you and FH. If you cut his hours he may be flexible on those options. 
  • Options
    Depends on what you want in your pictures.  Some of our favorite pictures are us just hanging out (candids) with our bridal party before the ceremony, details of dress, bouquet, putting on dress, etc.
  • Options
    You will also have to check with Turtle Bay regarding their photography policy. Some restaurants only allow outside photographers in for 15 minutes, just enough to take pictures of the set up and cake. Our dinner reception was at Hoku's and our photographer left after getting a few photos. The videographer stayed for dinner and luckily got the cake cutting and food picsand video. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards