Hawaii

AHR invite ideas! and mini vent.

It's been a tough week. FI is working tons of OT again. UGH :'(
I am pretty much done with the wedding DIY and my work project is in full swing. This is giving me some down time on the weekends and I am really missing him. Last night we decided to start working on our theme for the AHR. We have decided to go with a Tiki bar theme and FI is going to make us a really nice bar and staging area for our party. I need to come up with an invite and I am not really finding anything online that I like. I also am looking for some ideas on wording. Any help would be appreciated. What are some things you are doing or did for your AHR? 

Re: AHR invite ideas! and mini vent.

• I can't help, cos our's was so low key and didn't really have a theme.  But talk to Kimmy!!  SHe did (is doing??) the whole tiki bar thing, and she'll have some great ideas.  She had tons of them for hers.  

• We built a tiki bar in our basement. Yes, our whole main basement area is a tiki bar. we are having 4 different drinks, non-alcoholic Hawaiian drinks, pupus and cupcakes. We landscaped our backyard to look like the tropics, too. We will also have some Hawaiian lawn games for guests to play, exotica and surf music playing and some other fun stuff. 

We did our invitations to look like vintage Hawaii post cards. I keep trying to add pictures, but it's not working right now. I will add them later. 

We had them sent out on our wedding day and had them be announcement cards, too. They read: 

Kimmy and Drew
    were married on the 
    Seventh of July Two Thousand Twelve
    During a private beach ceremony
    on the
    beautiful island of Maui. 

You are invited to join them upon their return to the mainland
    for a 
    Portland Wedding Celebration
    on
    Sunday the Second of September
    Two Thousand Twelve
    at
    Three o'clock in the afternoon

The Coco Palms Lani
    at
    Knotty Cakes Ranch
    the address

Tidbits. Pupus, Tropical Cocktails
    Vintage Hawaiian attire strongly encouraged

• Thanks Kimmy! I am not sure we will go to that extreme as our yard is already landscaped and we don't have a basement. LOL FH did draw Blue Prints up to stage a room and build a rolling bar. I did our invites on VP this morning and found a caterer so I think we are good to go. 

BTW glad you are back and can't wait to hear all about it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards