Hawaii
Options

Japanese Kimono Fabric...

So i'm thinking of having my girls wear black dresses and I wanted to get some kimono fabric for a sort of Obi/sash like thing to add to their dress.  Does anyone have any ideas on where to get fabric online or anywhere?  I'm contemplating a trip to japan but just not sure if my budget can afford it right now hehe but yeah any ideas will be helpful.  I pretty much checked everywhere on Oahu and no luck :( ahhh! :)
Todd & Cari
7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel

Re: Japanese Kimono Fabric...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you go to Japan, time it for one of the flea markets in Osaka... or there's this amazing vintage kimono shop in Hiroshima. I'll see if I can dig up the name from my old blog.
  • Options
    55pawsh55pawsh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Cari,

Did you try Kaimuki Dry Goods?  I know my friends who sew love that place... did a quick look @ their website and found this: http://www.kaimukidrygoods.com/fabric/orientalpg1.asp

Not as exciting as a trip to Japan... but tons cheaper ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

While you're in the kaimuki area, try calico cat. It's on Waialae Ave by the goodwill/toys and joys

Ben & Jenn Nov 27, 2010 Oahu
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    machan2010machan2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can't make it to a flea market in Japan, this might be the next best thing!
    http://www.ichiroya.com/

Also, try doing a search on Ebay.  There are lots of people selling kimono fabric there!  Good luck!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the really good info girls :)  I did check out kaimuki dry goods and seen if they would import fabric for me but sadly they said no.  Worse comes to worse i'll probably go with a cotton oriental fabric.  :) hmm calico cat will def have to check it out.

i've been stalking the ichiroya site! :) i think i go on there everyday...i just have to decide on color and what i want :) ebay is also a good suggestion...on my way there now ;)

Thanks girls you are all theeee best! :) i think i'm just secretly wanting to travel to japan :)
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm...you might need help choosing a fabric...I think I should come with you to Japan :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ichiroya is good.  i used to just look at that site for fun.  your wedding isn't for a while, right?  i'm kind of busy trying to finish planning all our stuff, so i wouldn't be able to help you until we come back to japan after our wedding, but if you can't find anything online that you like, let me know, and i can go shopping for you here in osaka or in kyoto.  i live right in osaka city, so it's not hard for me. (^_^)v
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JAMIE...okayyy let's go! :) hehe i really want to go :)

oooh you live in japan?! you would be a life savor for sure :) thank you for offering you're so sweet!
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah, no problem.(^_^)  later on you can send me some pictures of things that you like, and i'll go look, take pictures and send them to you.  then if you like them, i can buy them and send them to you with the receipts, and you can just pay me later.  i understand how hard it is to get things you really want but can't choose in person.  i had to do kind of the same thing with my BM dresses (have my MOH order them from nordstrom, try them on, take pictures, send them to me, etc. etc.).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards