Hawaii

Olowalu brides - lighting pics to share??

I'm getting married at Olowalu in May and I'm trying to decide what the best lighting/tent combination is for Olowalu - especially for photos at nighttime! Does anyone have recommendations and pictures they can share?

Thanks in advance!! =)

Re: Olowalu brides - lighting pics to share??

• I was married in Olowalu in November.
    We opted to not have a tent, mainly for the price and also because we wanted to open air feel.  We had 2 strings of the big lights (lantern looking ones) and the tiki torches.  I will say that it was a bit dark during dinner, especially when people were doing speeches (but not impossible.) In May the sun will set quite a bit later, so that shouldn't be an issue for you.
    We also had lots and lots of candles on the tables and it gave everything a nice soft glow.  The Dj brings lights for the dance floor, so that area was nice and well lit.
    I tried to attach a picture, but they are too large.  If you go to <a href="http://www.mauicreativephotography.com" rel="nofollow">www.mauicreativephotography.com</a> and click on blog and scroll down to the post titled, "Mr. and Mrs.: The wedding of Stephanie and Andrew" there is a photo of our wedding at night.
    Hope this helps!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_olowalu-brides-lighting-pics-to-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:1c3e0ee5-befb-4afe-8e47-9ebe42c6ecb0Post:9858a232-4b60-49af-8ed4-8a289e33c27a">Olowalu brides - lighting pics to share??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married at Olowalu in May and I'm trying to decide what the best lighting/tent combination is for Olowalu - especially for photos at nighttime! Does anyone have recommendations and pictures they can share? Thanks in advance!! =)
    Posted by jessiechia8703[/QUOTE]
  • We were married at Olowalu in July.  We had a clear top tent with paper lanterns inside of it and the dance area was lit by the DJ, one string of paper lanterns, and a few uplights on the trees around it.  The lighting was plenty and made for good pictures - you can see some of our pictures on Olowalu's Facebook page under Melissa McClure Photography. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards