Hawaii
Options

Videographer recommendation in Maui

Hey Brides!
I have been searching high and low for a videographer that I like and nothing is catching my eye. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Re: Videographer recommendation in Maui

• Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doug from Afterglow Weddings did ours.  We just got it back from him and it's amazing. SO worth the money. I wanted to cry just watching it and I know everyone will love it when they watch it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's your style and budget? We did not find anyone on Maui that was even worth considering. I am a huge fan of Studio red from Oahu. True cinematographers! The others we considered were also from Oahu...in no particular order: 10th letter (although not a fan of their recent work), crane, fisheye, and aria studios. None come close to SR imvho but certainly worth a look and your style may be different :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the recommendation SID0601!

Tang&Tonic, I don't want to spend more than $1000. I like ProLook's sample but no one seems to have heard from them so it scares me.

If I had to fly someone from Oahu, how much does that cost? Do you know? Thanks for your feedback!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, we flew 2 videographers and asked them to stay for 2 nights (night before and night after).  I think the total travel was $600 or so.  But hm, if you're trying to stay under $1000 total then none of the options I posted early would probably apply.

I imagine you already looked at Hawaiian Video Memories and Video Artistry?  They get pricey for the full package, but they have options that start under $1000 and they are local to Maui.  ProLook's website & sample look OK, too.  It's OK to pick vendors that aren't widely known.  I have to say, I definitely hadn't heard of them before you mentioned them but that doesn't mean they aren't going to deliver what you want!
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, this is from my my pp further down the page in case you did not see it...

We are using ARIA Studios from Oahu...however i also did look at Maui Style Media...Etan is super nice and very reasonable and use to work for HWM before he branched out on his own. My WC also recommended Austin Imageworks...both on Maui. HTH! J. :-)
  • Options
    fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes you can get video and photography packages lumping services together, which might result in savings, since you're not hiring a different vendor.  You might want to check out Marbelle Photo & Video on Maui....I don't know about their price list, but they offer both services.  You can also ask for "basic cinema" (i.e. simple video and not a main featurette - that will cost less, because there's less editing involved).

We also hired a videographer from Oahu.  Admittedly, travel fees cost more than we originally estimated, because we paid for three return flights, car rental, plus one night hotel.  Keep in mind that the last OGG to HNL flight is around 11 p.m. and you have to budget their travel time, car rental return, and check-in time.  That might cut into the activities you want filmed (which is why we paid for the hotel stay).

Quality-wise, I have to agree with ppl - Oahu videographers produce much better work hands-down (and usually at a better price-point).  Some Big Island videographers are also great.  But if price is an issue, I'd definitely stick with someone on-island to save on travel costs.  HTH!  :)

• Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Marbelle for videography.  They definitely need to update their samples on their site, but they do really good work.  I freaked out a few months ago and was doubting them and my coordinator sent me some newer videos they did and they were really great so I have faith in them! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards