Hawaii
Options

Parents gifts?

What did everyone do or going to do? we want to do something hawaiian themed but not sure what.

Re: Parents gifts?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We bought some art prints for our parents.
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great question.... I was also going to post this one!! I had thougths that since neither set of parents have ever been to Hawaii that it might even be nice to take them somewhere and do something with them instead - but since I've never been there before either, I have no clue what that would be LOL.
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am stuck on this one too.  It's hard to think of anything to get our parents because if they want something - they just go buy it! 
    I'm thinking of trying to sneak over to my folks when they are at work and grab some of the old photo albums and scan and create a photo book of our family lives together up until the wedding.  I have thought about the hankerchiefs, and may get them, but I'm not that excited by those.  Otherwise, we were planning to possibly rent a limo and take our parents out for a really great dinner the day after the wedding - before we head off for another island. 
    Parents are tough.... 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

OMG, I had to click "quote" as the only way to post...I've been in Knottie withdrawals here, hehe.  

Our gifts and wrapped and ready to go :) Four days! 

For my parents, I have hankies made by a fantastic etsy artist (Kati @ ArtfulBeginnings), which say, "Today, I am a bride; tomorrow, a wife, forever your daughter and friend."  

I also bought both sets of parents copies of our photo album guest book, which chronicles our travels up to the engagement.  PIB
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG jackcody I love it!! Would you be horribly upset with me if I used your hankie idea (or something like it)??

PS... ur almost there!!!!! you must be bursting at the seams - can't wait to see some pics and hear all about it when you get back
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't give them gifts at the time of the wedding, but their Christmas gifts are their photo albums, with a thank you mention in the back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the hankies; such a neat idea. We thought about the gifts some and so far we've decided to treat our parents to a helicopter tour of Oahu.
  • Options
    madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of giving them a photo album and maybe giving my mom a spa day.. Im not sure :\
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards