Hawaii

Sunset Beach Wedding-Maui or Oahu??

Hi Everyone!

I'm newly engaged and we have been throwing around the idea of having our wedding ceremony in either Maui or Oahu. We're probably only going to have 15 people there but would be like to have a ceremony on the sand during sunset. Reception would probably be best if we can do it through a luau or a nice, quaint restaurant.

I'm hoping if you lovely brides/bride-to-be's are able to give me some suggestions on what beach/locations would be best. I've only been to Oahu and briefly been to Kaanapali in Maui. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Sunset Beach Wedding-Maui or Oahu??

• dianalynmdianalynm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement and welcome to the board!

We go to Maui often and there are a lot of great beaches up in the Kapalua area, north of Ka'anapali. There are awesome restaurants in the Maui area for a wedding of your size. Up in Kapalua, there's Merriman's, but there's also Pacific'O and O'o in Lahaina, a short drive away.

Just remember that no structures or chairs are allowed on public beaches and I believe you do have ot get permits, so just keep that in mind. Your guests will have to stand (or sit in the sand) for the ceremony, but usually those are only 15-30 minutes.

Hope that helps!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hawaiiwife02hawaiiwife02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I are renewing our vows (10th anniversary) next June. Our original wedding was at sunset in Waikiki, near Diamondhead. This time, we are electing to do Maui in an afternoon or sunset ceremony on Poolenalena Beach, but that is South Maui. I did look at West Maui myself and was looking at Ironwoods Beach if we had chosen that area. Good luck deciding!
  • dianalynmdianalynm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and there's also the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina if you choose to do a luau rather than a restaurant reception. :)
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry - thread edited - vendors are not allowed.

You can get some good ideas if you check out the Hawaii Bride Calendar at the top of the forum.  It lists where all of us are getting / have gotten married.  Congrats and welcome to the forum!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the great suggestions and warm welcomes! We just started talking about the wedding details a few days ago so your help is much appreciated.

I've been looking online to see how to set up this whole ceremony. There are tons of different websites that offer services from just officiating, to including photography/make up , etc. I'm wondering if you guys are able to give some suggestions on what to look out for in regards to who's good to go to.

I see that we  can't post vendors in the threads, so please feel free to PM me. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards