Hawaii
Options

? about bridesmaids/groomsmen.

I'm having a difficult time choosing bridesmaids.  The FI has his already chosen just not asked yet but i'm having a sort of difficult time about who i'm going to ask and how.  I always hear horror stories about people choosing their wedding party too early so I really want to avoid that.  I'm planning on having 5 just to match todd's count.  I'm pretty set on wanting to have the same amount.  I think people are getting antsy about who i'm going to ask....ugh such pressure. i really hope i can avoid BM drama! ahhhh!

Whent did you ask your wedding party and how'd you do it?  I love those bridesmaid cards on once wed and have been trying to re-create those hehe :) 
Todd & Cari
7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel

Re: ? about bridesmaids/groomsmen.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I only had one, so it was simple and drama-free :)  I made a photobook on Shutterfly that went through our friendship together.  On the last page, I asked her to be my maid of honor.  I thought for sure, she would know why I was giving her this book out of the blue, but she was totally surprised when she got to the last page!  I can't remember when I did it...maybe 6 months out?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I simply just asked my little sister and my best friend over the phone and --pretty much at the same time I told them that I was engaged (11 months out).  I hadn't heard of cute things like cards or whatever.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that when you know you just know...like your groom :)  But I just asked mine last week and my sisters already knew that they were in the wedding, and it was simple, just over the phone.  Our wedding is only 6 months out...but I think if you already have your list together than it only makes sense to let them know so that they can plan to either save $ or get excited to be a part of your big day.  Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I asked mine over the phone too!

How much drama is not asking some people going to cause?
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did it horribly.  We honestly weren't going to have a wedding party but when it came down to it we wanted our siblings involved.  So, my brother and his sister automatically were just in it, then his other sister and her hubby my FI asked via text message (I know...), and my BF and MOH I asked via email.  Yep, we are those people!!  And, we are having uneven sides.  Oh well! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do anything fancy.  One of mine is OOT, but lives about 2 hrs away; the other 2 are OOT and live on the other side of the country.  Consequently when I had 2 of 3 with me in person over the holidays I asked them to have drinks with me, I bought them margaritas, then I asked them.  :)  The third I called the next day and asked her over the phone.

You can do more by sending cards, etc., but don't feel obligated - it's totally your call.  Trust me, your girls will be happy no matter what.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I simply asked them in person and at the same time as I started planning my wedding so 12 months out
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I asked them the week after we got engaged... last February! Kinda early, but I knew who I wanted, and I asked them in person.

I don't regret anything, but since then, two of the girls who used to live here moved away. At least they have been planning on coming back for the wedding! Also, we had asked my youngest brother to be a GM, but since then there has been some family drama (of his doing) so we are thinking of asking him not to come. Ehh. I don't think he would have been able to afford it anyways.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    you guys are theeee best! thanks for all the suggestions and advice!  I'll definitely have to get a move on it since my goal for the summer was to at least ask our wedding party.  School starts next tuesday...ahhhh! :)
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards