Hawaii
Options

AHR this weekend - dilemma!!!

so, what I am about to say is embarrassing, but I am forcing myself to get through it quickly bc I need your help!

I assumed that I would just wear my dress again, however, I just tried it on and IT DOESN'T FIT ANYMORE! CRAP! I knew I had gained a little since the wedding - and bc I lost soo much just before the wedding, my mom had to take it in at the very last second - but long story short, it no longer fits!  Even if I let it out all the way, I still have a baby butt back situation going on back there..................

AHR is on Sunday and I can try to lose water weight before then and I just ordered my first pair of spanx...but just in case this doesn't work, umm, any good plan B ideas?  A cute dress? A WHITE cute dress or just a cute dress?  I am flying from Tokyo to Kansas City on Friday and don't have much shopping time.

Thanks for listening to my rant, turned to you guys first! 
lindsay and kaata - june 21, 2010 - lani phase II my planning bio

Re: AHR this weekend - dilemma!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

If all else fails, Nordstrom has some cute white dresses... I say go short and sexy!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, don't stress!  If you can fit in it again, great.  Otherwise, just pick up another white dress and rock it with confidence.  No one will be the wiser as to *why* you changed dresses.

Agreed on Nordstrom - they have a rockin' selection online, too.  Bought my first dresses to try on from there.  Good luck!
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would try to lose the water weight, but sadly to say...if you're flying like that...you're going to be retaining water again if you lose it.  I would just buy a cute white party dress.  You could always double it for an Easter dress!  Someone I know bought one from American Eagle actually for their AHR.  Just be on the look out!
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, don't stress Lindsay!! Mine BARELY fit for my AHR, and it definitely does not now, lol. I say short, white dress all the way!!!! That way you can pick it out now and not be worrying about losing the weight :) Nob ody will know that you had originally planned to wear your wedding dress anyway.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate to encourage something like this - but I think if you just focused on the water weight it would get rid of the 'baby butt back'!  It sounds like you are right on the edge, so if you lost some water weight I would think she would fit like a glove!

If all else fails - I agree with Alyson - Nordies!!  They have some really great white dresses, I have been drooling over a short one that is FAB for months! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, that is a dilemma. First of all, I can't imagine you having any kind of baby fat, anywhere. But if you say so... Have you tried Macy's? They are having a huge sale now, especially on the dresses. You could check them out online and then call the stores in Kansas to see if they have them in stock. Hmmm...
    I could totally see you in a dress like this one:
    http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=499071&CategoryID=5449&LinkType=#fn=COLOR%3DWhite%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D31

Good luck.

-Lana
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Good luck! I agree with the other girls. I just wanted to add that if you go back to  your bridal shop they have these undergarments that are even better than spanx! I know my bridal shop did and it totally held everything in. Unfortunately I didn't get the name of them but I was totally surprised by them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the other girls.  Just get a cute white dress and rock it!

If you crash diet, you will end up being uncomfortable and stressing yourself out even more!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you choose the "lose the water weight" route, take a hot bath with epsom salt (or something similar) - that really helps get rid of the water weight. 

Maybe check out jcrew for a dress...they have some cute casual wedding dresses that aren't very expensive.  And you could have it shipped to Kansas ahead of you. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Lindsay! I totally gained weight right after the wedding, and I didn't lose a ton before like you did. All that yummy food on the honeymoon certainly didn't help. 

I love the idea of a short, white, sexy dress as backup. If you can't find a white dress you like, a dress in any color as long as you feel awesome in it. I think the most important thing is that you feel good and not stress.

Enjoy your AHR!
  • Options
    toraschotorascho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stop eating bread, if you do, just cut back on your carb intake for the week..if you have time. I dropped 6 lbs in a week doing that while still eating healthy.. I don't lose weight easily at all. I agree though Nordstrom is always a great fall back. You'll rock it and have regardless!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards