Hawaii
Options

What did/will your FI wear for your beach wedding?

So, FI has been pretty intent on wearing a tux for our beach wedding "because that's what you do!" But he saw some videos/pictures since and now thinks a tux looks a little out of place on the beach.  What did/will your FI wear on the beach?  Pictures?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What did/will your FI wear for your beach wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're on grass right along the water, not the beach.  FI is wearing a dark gray suit with pinstripes.  White shirt, yellow tie.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5095/5391940334_d750f39c06.jpg

If you're truly on sand, I think a tux could be a bit much.  I mean, imagine how those shiny patent shoes would look after being dragged through the sand.  Maybe consider a gray or tan suit? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI will be going with the tan suit look, something like this maybe: maybe without a tie though. We're doing photos at the beach but the actually ceremony is overlooking a bay.
  • Options
    TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to be right on the beach, what do you guys think of this suit/tux?

http://www.ellysformalwear.com/Tuxedos/tux1.aspx
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are right on the beach and FI still insists on the suit - he's aware it'll be warm but he feels that if I'm wearing the full wedding dress that he should wear the suit. We didn't rent a tux, we bought a light black suit with the vest and white tie. It's a sunset ceremony so really we'll only be out in the sun for maybe an hour and not all pics will be done with the vest and jacket or even shoes on..... which by the way he won't be wearing shiny patent black shoes (those are never ok - beach or not LOL).
    We are also doing a formal AHR so it'll be nice for him to wear it again there.

I've seen lots of pics of grooms in the tux-look on the beach and I personally don't think it looks out of place..... I'm also a sucker for a guy in a dark suit though : ) (FI is a plumber - it's nice to see him in formal wear every once in awhile!!)
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Off-white button-up short-sleeve shirt, khaki slacks, brown sandals.  PIB.  He was comfortable and I think he looked fantastic - win-win.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we were on grass right next to the beach, but DH and groomsmen wore khakis, white long sleeve collared shirts (with sleeves rolled up), and brown o'neill slippers :)

they were very comfortable :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He did a white linen shirt and khaki linen pants.
  • Options
    mauilove2011mauilove2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He is also wearing a tux "because that's what you do" (he is British and quite stubborn on these sorts of things). I wasn't bothered but he wanted to invest in a good-quality tux and it was easier to match the groomsmen in tuxedos rather than trying to match grey suits (our other option). We aren't on the sand but on grass by the water. Also only cocktail attire for the guests, not black tie. 
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_didwill-fi-wear-beach-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:2d8ea39e-6a3f-4ff0-990e-98855ad610dfPost:d8285a74-0ef0-4b9c-a4b9-f28a6f534b71">Re: What did/will your FI wear for your beach wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going to be right on the beach, what do you guys think of this suit/tux? <a href="http://www.ellysformalwear.com/Tuxedos/tux1.aspx" rel='nofollow'>http://www.ellysformalwear.com/Tuxedos/tux1.aspx</a>
    Posted by TashaK24[/QUOTE]

I like that one.  FI is wearing an all white suit.  At first he wanted just white linen pants and a white button down with the sleeves rolled up, but I didn't think it matched my dress.  So I showed him options of a white suit and he thinks it's balling (which I knew he would, haha).  So that is what we're going with.  Not sure what shirt he's wearing under it though.  He's torn between white or some color.
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is wearing the same tux, from Elly's as well!  We are only getting married once and we both felt it was nice to wear a tux.  I mean, as soon as the ceremony is done the jackets will come off, but we wanted to have nice formal pics and we both felt this tux would be a good fit for our wedding!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is wearing black linen pants and either a light pink or white linen shirt. We have both he is still undecided.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is wearing chocolate brown linen shorts and a white Cuban guayaberas short sleeve shirt with chocolate brown leather flip flops.
  • Options
    TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_didwill-fi-wear-beach-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:2d8ea39e-6a3f-4ff0-990e-98855ad610dfPost:e301b4e1-d55c-4027-bb02-c61f9b7b7afa">Re: What did/will your FI wear for your beach wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]He is also wearing a tux "because that's what you do" (he is British and quite stubborn on these sorts of things). I wasn't bothered but he wanted to invest in a good-quality tux and it was easier to match the groomsmen in tuxedos rather than trying to match grey suits (our other option). We aren't on the sand but on grass by the water. Also only cocktail attire for the guests, not black tie. 
    Posted by mauilove2011[/QUOTE]

Ha!!  It must be a British thing!  My fiance is British too!  I'm thinking we'll go with a tan tux, he wasn't too fond of the white tux look.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine wore linen pants and a linen button down from Tommy Bahama and was super comfortable...the punk :) 
  • Options
    shibbs86shibbs86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband ended up wearing his Navy dress whites, but we considered white aloha shirt with pants. I've also seen a lot of people so white or khaki suits. Depending ont he time of day, you might want to consider someethign slightly off white. The sun can really glare off the white suits in the middle of the day.
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tasha - When are you getting married?  I'd love to see pictures of the tuxes in action if you are getting married before us! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're June 1, and I'll definitely post some pictures afterwards!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

As of now a grey suit..maybe pinstripe.  J.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards