Hawaii

I Need help choosing an Officiant on Maui...

Hello ladies, i need to choose an officant ASAP.  Does anyone have experience with either Rev Laki or Rev Pia Aluli? TIA! J. :-)

Re: I Need help choosing an Officiant on Maui...

• breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Dennis DeRego. We wanted a non-religious ceremony and he has two great choices for that. A beautiful traditional Hawaiian ceremony (that made me cry just reading it) and a simple ceremony. You can also add religion in if you want. His website has a few sample ceremonies to check out. 

If you can't find him on google, I've got a link to his website on our wedding site.
  • aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Pia Aluli! He is really nice and your ceremony can be very customized! We are also going with a non-religious ceremony with a hint of Hawaiian. Our wedding is still a couple months away, but I have heard a lot of good things about him!
    AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Rev. Tino Rosete, he has a nice ceremony posted on his site that we will use but are going to add a few things to it. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have Pastor Laki!!!  I'm super excited.  I saw a video of him performing a ceremony and it was just fabulous.  I can't wait to meet him.
  • edited December 2011
    My best friend got ordained from the day to do our ceremony, but our backup plan would have been Ron Winckler -- he's our coordinator's husband and apparently does weddings for the Four Seasons frequently.

Sorry, no helpful feedback on the others!
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rev. Diana George was our officiant (pic and review in bio).  We wanted a meaningful non-religious ceremony with Hawaiian influence, and she was just perfect!  She actually wrote our vows for us the day before the wedding after I called her in a panic (!), and was just generally fantastic to work with.

Just make sure you find someone that you feel in sync with.  It really helped us to interview our possible officiants before we selected one.
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good point Carrie!  We plan to go with Rev Pia Aluli.  We like his ceremony, especially the customization part and everyone who used him say really great things about him.  Thx ladies for all of your input...much appreciated!!! J. Smile
  • NurseJo34NurseJo34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister used Tino Rosete. He was wonderful! I plan to use him for my own wedding next year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I wanted to use Tino Rosette...actually i wanted to have his bother Vance but i was told that he is moving back to Alaska so my WC emailed Tino three times and did not receive a response.  I'm thinking maybe because he does not do weddings in the west but they could have replied to her emails anyway. J. :-)

• kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Pia Alul, too.  He's been so nice and I'm really happy with what he offers.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome...just waiting for the "official" confirmation from my WC...soo exciting!!! J. :-)
  • TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Pia too!  I actually just spoke to him on the phone on Thursday and he was so nice!  Had some excellent ideas for ceremony too, I can't wait!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it...thanks for sharing...he is certainly in demand! J. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards