Hawaii

Oahu Welcome Bags

Good morning! I'm going to be ordering welcome bags for my guests soon. If you are interested and would like to order some as well, let me know. The more bags we order, the cheaper it is per bag. The following price estimations are based on 100 bags ordered. I need approx 40 bags. If as a group, we don't get to 100 bags, the price will go up. I've come up with a few designs, but feel free to share your own graphic. 

If you're interested, please indicate:
1) your favorite bag from below
2) how many you will need
3) the price you'd be willing to pay per bag
4) favorite design or submit your own design

Jute bag:
8" x 8" x 4"
Price with 1 color printing: $2.20
Price with 2 color printing: $3.20

Small grocery tote in khaki
13" x 12" x 9"
Price with 1 color printing: $1.47 per bag
Price with 2 color printing: $2.45 per bag

Large grocery tote in white
13 x 10" x 15"
Price with 1 color printing: $1.62 per bag
Price with 2 color printing: $2.60 per bag

Note on size of bag: The first 2 bags are smaller. I don't have the budget to put a ton of stuff in the bags, so the larger bag might look empty. However, the guests might get more use out of a bigger bag.

Design A (must be printed in 2 color):

Design B (can be printed in 1 or 2 color):

Design C (can be printed in 1 or 2 colors):

Design D (can be printed in 1 or 2 colors):

Re: Oahu Welcome Bags

• edited December 2011
    Oh dear, I'm so envious!!! I only wish I were getting married on Oahu now!

These are gorgeous designs Kellie!
    image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Liz! Sorry to exclude the brides on other islands. When I posted originally, only Oahu brides responded. Hope planning is going well for you.
  • edited December 2011
    hey kellie! thanks for doing this. we're definitely interested, but i need to get some numbers from FI and figure out how many we'd need.

like you, we don't have a large budget for OOT guest bags, so a small one would be good bc then i can just fill it with stuff from my dad's ABC stores :)

thanks again for doing this. the designs look awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    Since it's more expensive to pay for the 2 color, I'm showing an example of one of the graphics in 1 color:

• mahea75mahea75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kellie,

I'm interested in getting some bags, but definitely need to talk to FI.  I personally like the khaki colored bag, but will the graphics stand out on this color bag?  Maybe I can't see it, since I have overload from looking at wedding stuff.  I probably won't need a lot of bags, since most of the guests live in Hawaii.  I will be in touch.

Meghan
  • lindskalindska member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi kellie, these are b-e-a--U-tiful! I love these! I will also need about 40-45 bags, so I am in!  I would like to stay under or at $3 a bag, if possible - i really love the jute bag (bag #1) b/c it looks so natural, organic and hawaiian...  but i am flexible and i will go with the group...! ALL of the graphics are great, even in one color! so cute!  thank you so much for doing that!
    lindsay and kaata - june 21, 2010 - lani phase II my planning bio
  • edited December 2011
    Count me in...again I need to confirm with FI about how many we need.  Everyone going are OOT guests.  Like PP, I like the first one for the same reasons, plus we are too on a budget.  Kellie thank you so much for designing the logos.  We are up for anyone of them.

Carole-Ann-which ABC store does your dad own? Just curious!
    Ally & Mar | 08.09.10 | The Coconut Club, Oahu
    Planning Bio-updated 06/07 | Married Bio & For SALE items

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The jute is my favorite as well. Just so you guys know, it's small. I measured a gift bag I had lying around the house, and it's the same dimensions. That works perfectly for me, because it will look nice and full with just a few items. But, just so you know and aren't unpleasantly surprised. If that's a problem, the other bags are bigger.
  • edited December 2011
    ally_ruth: haha, he's the VP for all of them! 

i think that we'd need about 30-35 of them... and i also like bag #1. if we could keep the bags around $2-$2.50ish that'd be awesome. i love all of the designs too!
  • machan2010machan2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

These are so cool!   A huge thank you for this!  I like the jute bag the best.  I'm thinking the same thing...smaller bag looks full with fewer things!  I like all the designs...but A and B are my favorites!  If you just did the one color for B...maybe the blue, so it would stand out from the bag?  I would need about 30 to 35 bags.  

What are you thinking as far as shipping/or bringing them all to Hawaii and us picking them up there?  And payment?  Again, thanks!!!  they look great!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm. I have a paypal account. I've only used it to pay for things, not to request payment. I'll try to figure out how to send requests for payment once we decide on final numbers.

I could order them and have them shipped to me. Then, I can ship them individually or people can arrange to get them from me when I'm in Hawaii. Or, we could ship them to someone who lives in Hawaii and then we can each arrange to pick them up. I actually don't care--I'm flexible. :)

It sounds like we'll hit the 100 mark, so the jute bags will be $2.20 or less for 1 color.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Kellie,
    I love your bag designs!! Unfortunately I can't order with you and the other girls because I'm wanting to get fairly big beach bags to include towels and other treats.  Would you mind to share your designs?  If you don't, my email is [email protected].  Thanks so much!
  • edited December 2011
    Followup...talked with FI and we decided to NOT order with ya'll.  FI suggested using Trader Joe's bags instead since we have easy access to them plus they are cost effective (99 cents each).
    Ally & Mar | 08.09.10 | The Coconut Club, Oahu
    Planning Bio-updated 06/07 | Married Bio & For SALE items

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mahea75mahea75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After some discussion with FI, we're not going to have very many people from OOT.  So we will probably do Lauhala bags.  Good job on the graphics though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards