Hawaii
Options

suggestions for bachelorette outing in oahu?

my BMs are organizing my bachelorette, but asked if I had any idea/preference of where we could party. We'll be in about 15 girls, ages 22-39, and we were looking for a place that has a good vibe for a Wednesday night. 

I thought of Downtown Honolulu, so if one place is not too exciting we could find another or even bar-hop, but not sure which bar/nightclub would be a good option to start with. I've been to Indigo for dinner before and I remember they had a fun bar area that got crowded at night, but I have the impression it gets busier only on Fri/Sat nights. Another option we heard of is Pearl, I think in Ala Moana, but know nothing about it.

Any suggestions? 

One thing I'm excited about is that we will get a limo to take us from the hotel in Waikiki to whichever bar/club so we can start warming up... fun fun!

Re: suggestions for bachelorette outing in oahu?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I was trying to give you my thoughts with the caveat that it has been quite a few years, but then it turns out the place I wanted to recommend apparently closed down (bar/club at the W Hotel Diamond Head).  Hopefully one of the other ladies has some better advice!

I know it sounds silly, but I recall the Mai Tai Bar inside the mall being good if you want a really Hawaiiany feel that's laid back and unclubby.

Your WC and DJ might have suggestions as well.
  • Options
    55pawsh55pawsh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chinatown is good, but you're right... Indigo and other places tend to be more crowded Thursday - Saturday.  Waikiki is always a good bet, Senior Frogs (kind of rowdy), Yard House (laid back great drink selectin), Tiki's (good entertainment and drinks), Shorebird (great view and happy hour!!) are good places to start and you can make your way to Zanzabar for dancing (club) which is open until 4 (think thye're open the latest).  If you don't mind more dive bar type places, there are a ton along the strip.  Waikiki is probably best as you can walk around and get to whever you need to be whereas Chinatown does have some sketchy places is you're not careful.

May also want to check out this calendar: http://www.dosomethingtonight.com/date/04-21-2011 (calendar of events)

Something fun we did this week was the Downtown Cocktail Scavenger Hunt (I can't find the list we used!!), but it gets you to the different bars and you have to find a certain drink on your list and take a pix of you/group drinking it.  Here's someones blog of the same event but in Waikiki to give you an idea of what I'm talking about http://drinkwithaloha.com/2011/03/the-waikiki-scavenger-hunt-experience/

HTH :)
  • Options
    TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For mine (which was also on a Wednesday!) we ended up at Dave & Busters - they have a club/dancing on the roof! That was pretty cool and it ended up being really crowded. I guess it's called "The Roof Is On Fire @ at the Sunset Bar" and it's open from 10pm-2am.

a+k

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards