Hawaii
Options

DIY reception decorations

Okay so I'm stressing out about how to pull off my Diy destination repception. So, we're getting married in the morning and then heading to our rental house for brunch and cake. Very casual.Then off to the luau later that night. I need some ideas of how to decorate the rental house. But, because we are travelling I don't want to take too much with me. For now I was thinking of buying flowers and that's all I have. Our loose theme is travel. I have been googling and haven't found anything I love yet. Thanks in advance!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: DIY reception decorations

• Options
    tiggy5555tiggy5555 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have seen really cute mini suitcases at Ross/TJ Maxx that you could set out on your guest table and maybe use postcards for guests to write messages to you guys. Passport invites....tables named after places you two have gone....

My coordinator told me I could send her things prior to the wedding so I didn't have to travel with it. Maybe yours could do the same?

DW are fun but man does it take a lot of thought lol Good luck and HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image139 Were invited to paradise!
    image 39 Are ready to party!
    image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
    image 0 Need to check their mail!
  • Options
    NurseJo34NurseJo34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think flowers and pineapples would would look lovely. Tropical and lovely.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the pineapple idea. You can get some miniature ones to vary it up and mix them in with the larger ones and some flowers. Luggage place tags... or... maybe luggage wishes/advice/etc? Maybe a travel poster everyone could sign instead of a guest book?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're bringing a bunch of paper lanterns to decorate our rental house, they come flat so they don't take up too much space. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love all of these ideas!  I say definitely keep it easy & sweet.  In lieu of flowers (or to augment simple flowers) you could have mini flags in a vase to further push the travel theme.  Menus / seating cards could be handwritten on post cards. 
  • Options
    Ready2wed11Ready2wed11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the ideas. I didn't think about pineapples, good idea.

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards