Hawaii

THANK YOU!

I wanted to take a few minutes and pop in to say thank you to everyone on this board.  Your thoughtful input to my endless questions.  Your insightful reviews & commentary to guide us to the right vendors.  And your well-wishing and warm thoughts for our actual event.  Each of you played a role in making our wedding possible...and what a wedding it was.

It'll take me a little bit to gather my thoughts on vendors & details, but I did want to pop in and say thank you and share a few early thoughts and photos...

We could not have been luckier.  In the week leading up we had thunderstorms forecasted.  The venue was flooded due to the tsunami.  And some of our guests were panicked about radiation.  But somehow everything turned out just fabulously.  We even had a full moon -- the closest it was to the earth in 18 years.  14% larger and 30% brighter than when it is at its farthest.  We had 49 of our closest friends for a weekend of festivities, and it made us so happy to see perfect strangers making friends with each other.  By the time we left the island, people were making plans to have dinner / hike / hang out with friends they didn't know before the trip.  It was just beyond special.

Enjoy...

Re: THANK YOU!

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Tanq, those pictures are gorgeous, I'm glad that everything went splendidly for you. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Lyn!

Ack.  Text is kind of cut off (at least in my view).  Here's what I wrote in my OP...

I wanted to take a few minutes and pop in to say thank you to everyone on this board.  Your thoughtful input to my endless questions.  Your insightful reviews & commentary to guide us to the right vendors.  And your well-wishing and warm thoughts for our actual event.  Each of you played a role in making our wedding possible...and what a wedding it was.

It'll take me a little bit to gather my thoughts on vendors & details, but I did want to pop in and say thank you and share a few early thoughts and photos...

We could not have been luckier.  In the week leading up we had thunderstorms forecasted.  The venue was flooded due to the tsunami.  And some of our guests were panicked about radiation.  But somehow everything turned out just fabulously.  We even had a full moon -- the closest it was to the earth in 18 years.  14% larger and 30% brighter than when it is at its farthest.  We had 49 of our closest friends for a weekend of festivities, and it made us so happy to see perfect strangers making friends with each other.  By the time we left the island, people were making plans to have dinner / hike / hang out with friends they didn't know before the trip.  It was just beyond special.
  • edited December 2011
    Gorgeous Tanq! The Supermoon was amazing wasn't it? I can't believe you had it on your wedding day too! Love, love, love!Laughing I cannot WAIT to see more!
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, OMG!!!  I love, love your pictures and your dog!!  We would love to have our pup in our wedding but it's probably not worth all the hassle, and I don't think we have enough time to do the vet thing so they can just release the pet to you.  Darn!  I love everything about your wedding, so classy and sophisticated!  Can't wait to see more pictures, congrats Mrs!!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!  I'm so glad everything worked out for you!  I was wondering how everythign would work out with the tsunami and radiation, so it's great to hear that it all worked out.  Somehow, that's what always seems to happen with HI weddings.  :)

Congratulations!
  • edited December 2011
    Awww, Love it!! The photos are such a tease, I can't wait to see more, it looks amazing! I can't believe I somehow missed this epic super moon (must've been preoccupied on the knot!). So cool though. I hope my guests all get along as well as yours did! :) Congrats!!
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just gorgeous!!! Love your doggie!!! Sooo happy that everything worked out and that you had a beautiful wedding day especially with that awesome moon...lucky girl! Congrats Mrs.!!! J. Smile
  • edited December 2011
    OMG amazing photos!  I wish I could bring my doggie Mr. Arfington to Maui with us too!  Can't wait to read your reviews!  Congrats on your wedding!
  • breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow wow wow! i love the photos! I can't wait to see more! The sunset one with your dog is precious and I just LOVE the last one :)
  • edited December 2011
    Gorgeous! Those pictures are amazing, what a treasure! & I LOVE your dog. So cute. We're getting to be a bit obsessed with dogs, & yours is adorable :) Congrats! Can't wait for more pictures & read your reviews!!
  • McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    your photos and wedding look amazing. Congrats. Can't wait to see more.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Best wishes to you and your fiance for a beautiful life together.  I love your pictures - who was your photographer?  
  • TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I love the pictures with your dog!! I wish my doggie could be coming with us, but the resort where we're staying (where my parents have a time share) don't allow pets.

Can't wait to hear more about your day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards