Hawaii

Maui hotel, help me choose ... :)

Hi ladies we will be in Maui March 7-12. The original plan was to stay the first 2 nights in a not so expensive hotel, Makena Golf Resort and 3 nights at the Four Sessons (night before the wedding, night of the wedding and night after)

Problem is Four Seasons is almost $1,800!

We really want a pretty room (getting ready photos) and great grounds for those 3 nights

So now I need to choose from the hotels below, please help me choose!
Makena Golf Resort
Wailea Marriott
Grand Wailea

Also the first 2 nights I have decided we will stay up by Lahina or KAanapali if you have any favorites here let me know!

Also, should mention it is just the two of us going to HI.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Maui hotel, help me choose ... :)

• HI !! Definitly check out the Ho'oilo House. It is 10 minutes from front street. We stayed there last month and it was amazing. This is where we stayed for the wedding portion of our 2 week trip and it was perfect. It was quiet to get ready and so beautiful for pictures! Trust me, do it! The pool was so nice and relaxing. Look at tripadvisor for reviews, it really is the best!

Just my opinion.... we stopped at the four seasons to use the bathroom and have a drink before my beach wedding as we stayed in Lahaina and got married in south Maui so we needed a place to stop before going to beach. The four seasons was BEAUTIFUL!!! However, with that said... even dressed in my wedding dress, we felt so out of place :( Not one person said I looked nice!!!!! Who doesnt tell a bride they look good when they see them walking around. I just felt like everyone was just sort of snobby... and believe me, I've been to a lot of nice places and have been able to fit in, but for some reason... not there. The one person who told me I looked nice was this litlle 6 year old girl who said "mommy she has a pretty dress" it was really cute. Anyway... we got one glass of wine and one club soda and it was 22.00!!! EEK! It depends, if you guys are fancy and have money, then stay there, if not, there are so many other nice places :) Hope this helps. If you have other questions about that area let me know :)
  • We stayed at the Wailea Marriott, and booked a suite for the day of the wedding (getting ready there + staying the night after the wedding).  It wasn't the single most beautiful room to get ready in, but it had an amazing view and honestly, most people don't really look at the background of the hotel.

Have you also considered getting ready at your venue?  Some of them have amazing backgrounds for your bridal prep....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards