Hawaii
Options

Wedding Dinner suggestions?

I'm looking for some dinner recommendations from you ladies who've been there ...

We're getting married at sunset at Makena Cove, and staying at the Four Seasons. It's just us - no guests, no bridal party. We'd like to do something special for dinner that night, but I'm having trouble coming up with something.

There's what sounds like a really awesome custom, private, romantic dinner option at our hotel, but it's a whopping $850 for the two of us - I'm looking to spend less than half of that. 

I'm considering just going up to Gannon's because I've heard such good things about the food, but will we look silly there in our wedding attire, having dinner on a Monday night? 

Are there other places around Wailea I should consider?
BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: Wedding Dinner suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Mala Wailea (at the Marriott).  Nothing super romantic but it's a delicious meal.  They have a nice outdoor patio where you can dine over the pool and sunset.

My other suggestion - our caterer does an amazing tasting dinner.  Their kitchen is at a really nice home in Maalea Harbor and it's a really talented chef who prepares a meal for only you and your husband.  I think it's $200.  That was a wonderfully romantic experience and delicoius too!  I'm not sure if they do private dinners that aren't for prospective wedding parties but it can't hurt to ask.  The group is called Aloha Events.  Chef Lee works magic.
  • Options
    FSForeverFSForever member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are thinking of Gannon's I would email Susan and see if they can place you some place private/romantic in the restaurant.  She has a lot of ideas so she may be able to help you out with a special dinner and ambiance that would cater to just you and your husband.  We have never eaten there but our reception will be there and we have heard the food is amazing. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the same thing.  Just me and him. We are going to the luau at Feast at Lele.  I've heard of other brides who do that and wore their dress. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards