Hawaii
Options

St. Augustine vs Sacred Heart Parish/Church - on Oahu

I am torn between these 2 churches. I have plenty of time to decide but I wanted to see people's opinions on these churches.

I am looking for the pros and cons of the places.

Sacred Heart - BEAUTIFUL CHURCH!!!!! Especially the outside courtyard area, but it's 10-15 min drive from majority of the hotels that are along the beach AND I have been told by 2 vendors (videographers) that they are kind of strict and don't like to detour from anything.
In the heart of Honolulu but not so .....city centered? touristy? don't know the word lol

St Augustine - BEAUTIFUL inside with the giant stain glass window =), surrounded by hotels, like from the map on google it looks like you could really walk there if i HAD to lol. Vendors have told me that they are a bit more relaxed and try to make the bride and groom happy =). right on the ocean so it attracts people

I am trying to find out more about the churches. Do they have AC, what was it like getting married there, how was the service (like customer service lol)? just need opinions =)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: St. Augustine vs Sacred Heart Parish/Church - on Oahu

• Options
    Most churches are rather strict abou their ceremonies, so if you have any special requests you may want to contact the respective churches to see if they would be willing to accomodate them.

Unless you are staying at a hotel next to St. Agustine (such as the Marriott) and plan to walk to the ceremony, the central location is rather moot.  From Waikiki, Sacred Heart Parish is only about a 10-15 minute drive.  From most hotels in Waikiki, St. Agustine will be a 5 minute drive.

St Agustine is air conditioned, and I am almost certain that SHP is too (but not 100% sure).
    The best feature of SA is the large stained glass at the entrance.  SHP has some staind glass as well but not nearly as large.  One nice thing about SHP is that it has a 2nd floor which will allow different angles during the ceremony and also a large group photo with your guests should you want to get one.
  • Options
    CLI242009CLI242009 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for the details =) I've been trying to do a pros and cons list about eacg church and there really isn't any info that I can find online about the churches. At least not info reguarding having weddings there. If i find any info it's about joining the church and church life not weddings and it's a bit frustrating.

Do you know how the parking situation is at either of the churches?

Sorry for all the questions you're the only one who has answered and I am trying to hold off on making the long distance phone calls. They are really bad at getting back by email />.>; *sighs* i think i'm going to have to start calling since no one seems to like to answer emails *sighs*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards