Hawaii
Options

Name Change.

Does anyone know how long  it takes for the Marriage Record Request (Green Form) will have your copy of the Marriage License sent to you?
Anniversary

Re: Name Change.

• Options
    It took about 2months for us to get ours. We were married in October, got it in December, even with the expedited request. We ended up getting the "slow" one a week later.
  • Options
    How long before the wedding do we need to schedule the marriage license appts?  Is this a fast process, or do I need to send in paperwork months in advance?  
  • Options
    We had ours scheduled about ten months in advance just because it was part of hiring our coordinator. I'm not sure how much notice you need but I wouldn't wait any longer than a month or two out since there are so many weddings on the islands and these offices are small.
  • Options
    Not that I would recommend this, but, we called the marriage license person and had an appt at her office within 90 minutes.  This was 2 - 3 days before our wedding day.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hawaii marriage licenses are good only for 30 days.  Local residents simply go to the State Department of Health and obtain the license "on the spot."  Be sure to have cash.

You can also visit the Department of Health for a copy of your marriage certificate, but I'm not sure how long after the wedding they need for processing.  Much of the process is now online (your officiant actually files online after your wedding), so things should move fairly quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards