Hawaii
Options

Rehearsal Dinner suggestion Kona

Hi!  I'm getting married this August on Kona, near Kailua-Kona.  I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a fun restaurant for the rehearsal dinner?  I've struck out with an internet search so far...was considering the Luau at the Kona Village Resort.  Any other cool options?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner suggestion Kona

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to keep in informal, then I would recommend Kona Brewing Company.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the Kona Brewing Company! It's a great, fun place!
  • Options
    licia9880licia9880 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours at Kona Brewing Co! Huggos is also a nice, casual environment and right on the water. For a more formal option,  Jamesons is very good. Kona Village has a very good luau. Royal Kona and King Kamehameha hotels also have luaus that are decent.
  • Options
    vanilla15vanilla15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did mine at Kona Brewing Co.  It was really perfect.  They put our group on the back patio & I ordered a bunch of apps before hand that they just placed on the table & then they set up a buffet for all of the different pizzas we ordered.  (and I did place my order awhile in advance just so we wouldn't have to wait too long for our food)

It was a big hit for our group, but very informal.

If you are looking for something a little nicer, we went to dinner at Jackie Reyes & it was REALLY yummy.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The Kona Brewing Co. is great if you're looking for something fun and casual.  The patio is a nice atmosphere. 

Something a little more upscale would be the Tommy Bahamas restaurant in the Shops at Mauna Lani - they do private and semi-private events and the food and setting is very nice.  Good live music as well.  Their event coordinator is Brenda and her email is brenda.supnet@tommybahama.com.  We may do ours there. 

If you want a view and your budget is flexible, check out Brown's Beach House at the Fairmont Orchid.  Wonderful view of the ocean and the sunset...

I've seen photos of rehearsal dinners at the Kamuela Provision Company at the Hilton Waikoloa Village.  I haven't eaten there, however, so I'm not sure if the food is good. 

I'd appreciate hearing what you end up choosing.  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards