Hawaii

Wedding Hair with Haku Lei

Hi all, I'm new to this posting thing, but I am at a complete loss here.  I have tried searching the web for ideas, but the only pictures I can find of girls with real haku leis have their hair down.  I was hoping for something a little more special than just plopping the thing on my head like I do when I buy it for any other occasion.

I will not have a veil and I will be having an outdoor wedding at the top of a mountain on the Diamond Head side of the island where it is always very windy, so I was hoping for something where my hair was at least tied back a little out of my way.

Any ideas, thoughts, websites with pictures which might help?

Thanks in advance everyone!
-Malia

Re: Wedding Hair with Haku Lei

• I have a couple ideas/suggestions! First, maybe for images and ideas try just looking for up-dos you like separately, then look for images of haku leis you like and make it work with your hair stylist! Another idea is to try searching for alternative words like a hair wreath instead of the lei. Braids are a really big thing this year, maybe you could do a braided wreath around your head with your hair then put fresh flowers in it like a faux-haku lei? Idk...just some thoughts :)
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com
  • Hey I actually found someone with pictures of ladies with updos and haku leis!
    I just booked her to do my hair.  You can see a few pictures on her website!
    Good luck!
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards