Hawaii
Options

Maui Vendor Reviews *long*

Although I wasn't very active on the board throughout my planning I did find all the girls on here to be incredibly helpful when I had any questions.  And this forum with its vendor reviews was the singlemost valuable tool I had for wedding planning.  Thus, I would like to share my experiences and hopefully help others in their planning :)

So here we go:

Wedding Coordinator:  Cherise, The Perfect Wedding.
A++++++++++
I wouldn't be able to put enough pluses after Cherise's name to adequately capture the amazing job she did.  For thirteen months she was in constant communication with us; going over every detail from big to small.  Never once was she anything less than wonderful.  She did NOT operate on "island time" and was always so pleasant with her correspondence (even when I asked the dumbest questions).
On the day of the wedding was when I realized that not only is Cherise good at her job, she has a very special gift for it.  Every tiny detail was organised yet we barely noticed her presence.  Our wedding day was absolute perfection and I honestly believe it is because of Cherise.

Photographer: MeewMeew Studios.
A+++++++++
Although I didn't see many reviews on here for MeewMeew, they came recommended by Cherise so we hired them.  And we are so happy that we did!  Husband wife team so you get two wonderful photographers.  They were both so professional and kind that I was at ease right away.  We hired them for six hours and received 602 edited photos.  The pictures are stunning! 

Ceremony Venue: Hyatt Regency Resort and Spa
A+
I was unsure if I would like having our ceremony at a resort.  I really wanted it to be private and I wasn't sure about "tourists in the background".  So first of all; NONE of our pictures have random people in the background.  Secondly the grounds are so beautiful and we have the most amazing pictures with lush greenery and the ocean in the background.  It is right on the ocean so if I had wanted to we could have had pictures on the sand as well.  The most unexpected thing I loved about having our ceremony at the Hyatt was all the other resort guests!  When I was walking from our suite to the ceremony site every single person had something kind to say.  I truly felt like a princess!

Officiant: Pia Aluli
A+
Beautiful speaker, beautiful ceremony.  Our officiant wore a mic and all of our guests said after that they could here every part of the ceremony, no problem.  His ceremony was very touching and Pia is so full of joy you can't help but smile the whole way through :)

Reception Venue: TIMBA
A+++++++
I rarely see Timba reviewed on here (if at all) so I am going to write a separate review for them under another post.  Needless to say; the venue was perfect for us.

Hair and Makeup: Regina
A+++
This was another vendor recommended to us by Cherise.  Regina did an amazing job.  We did not do hair trials with her yet she still managed to do everybody's hair exactly the way they wanted it and in a timely manner.  The makeup was flawless and lasted the ENTIRE day and night.  Both of my bridesmaids have hair that normally won't hold a curl for more than twenty minutes but their hair stayed perfectly in place and curled for the entire day and night (even after hours of dancing!).

Musician:  Jamie Lawrence
A+++++++++
Jamie gets reviewed here all the time and our experience was the same: wonderful!  Our guests were at the reception for quite awhile (about 30min) before we were able to get there.  However all we heard about when got there was how talented Jamie was and how much they were enjoying the music.  He is pricey but worth it!

Catering:  Food for the Soul
A+++++++++++++++++
Our guests are still raving about the food.  From working with Tina leading up to the event to the actual reception everything was superb.  We had a cocktail reception, with food being passed three times throughout the night.  Servers were very professional and presentation was excellent.  They also made a special vegetarian plate for one of our guests and it was done so well people were taking pictures of it!

Flowers: Dellables
A++
Della does it again!  With very little guidance from me Della made three bouquets that exceeded all my expectations.  I had a TINY budget for flowers yet Della still produced amazing bouquets, boutonnierres and a few arrangements for the reception.  I am still amazed at what she delivered on such a small budget!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Maui Vendor Reviews *long*

• Options
    Awesome review! Thanks for writing it up! I am also using a few of your vendors (Cherise, Food for the Soul), so I am happy to continually see amazing reviews about them!

Congrats on your marriage!!!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Glad it all went so well for you. Congratulations!
  • Options
    Thank you all; you girls have been absolutely amazing!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!  I'm getting married next year in Maui.  Would you be willing to provide me with the phone number for Regina (hair) and Dellables (flowers).  Those are two types of vendors that I am still looking for for my wedding.  Thanks!!! 
  • Options
    ssevigny, sent you a pm :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am so glad to hear about your happy wedding experience.  I am also using Cherise, Food For the Soul and Meew Meew.  I have to say that all of them have been great so far.  I'm especially happy to hear about Meew Meew, because you're right, they aren't mentioned here much but Jill has been amazing to work with and she gave us a smoking deal for photography!  I'm waiting on Cherise for florals, but we also will have a pretty small floral budget, so maybe Della will be the way to do.  Congrats!
  • Options
    Would you please send me Regina's info? I'm still looking for hair/makeup and am having a hard time finding someone who will do it in the early morning for my morning wedding. Thanks!
  • Options
    hng2101, sent you a pm...hope it's not too late :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lescaulfieldlescaulfield member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    OMG. If you are getting married in Maui, you must use Your Aloha Wedding Company Inc. to help plan your Wedding. Kara Byrne and Melissa rocked when it came to finding venues, coming up with creative ideas, helping with a multitude of arrangements including how the heck to get guest bags from Houston to Maui and put together prior to our arrival. The staff was extra sweet and knew exactly what they were doing. The Hotel that was suggested (Hotel Wailea) was extraordinary. The hubby and I got married on August 11, 2012. I have no clue what a stressed out bride is because Kyra handled all my stresses and she was an eight hour plane ride away. Kudos to Your Aloha Wedding for making my day unforgettable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards