Hawaii

centerpieces

Hi ladies, I'm looking for your advice again, on centerpieces this time.

I'm getting quotes from some florists, but am now wondering about alternatives.

No one will be taking home the centerpieces as they'll all be traveling as well, and I've informed the florists that I don't want to buy the vases either.  We're having round tables that seat 8 (although from pix it looks like they may seat up to 10), and originally I thought of doing traditional floral centerpieces.  We may be having around 100 guests.  I was looking at the tall submerged orchid with floating candle look, and some other alternatives that florists have told me will fit in our budget.  But now I'm considering non-floral centerpieces, or maybe just simple floral but with non-floral accents in a beachy theme. I figure we can save a little on costs this way, maybe create a little buffer in the budget.  I just need to see if the florist we decide on provides these non-floral accents.  In case your advice is DIY - nothing against DIY but it's just not for me for a number of reasons.

So, I'd love to see what your centerpieces were like for your DW!   And the color scheme I'm going for are white, with some green & yellow accents -FI and I love orchids (he's got a green thumb and grows them at home).  Although I am open to other flowers too.
Anniversary

Re: centerpieces

• dianab0237dianab0237 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Sp2012-

I posted a classified for 24 cylinder vases if you're interested. I'm shipping them over for my reception and would prefer to leave them on the island to a fellow destination/hawaii bride.

They will be available after my 10/11 wedding. If you're interested they are $20 for 24 vases and must be prepaid via Paypal.

I also will have 24 votives with 4 hours burning time, 20 floating candles with 4 hours burning time, and 30 turquoise napkins (which will have to be washed) for sale.

Email if interested dianab0237@gmail.com

• edited December 2011
    We did low arrangements on rectangular tables so that people would be able to chat without having flowers in the way.

• edited December 2011
    Rented vases from our florist, submerged orchids with candle on top.  
  • WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We haven't decided on our yet, but one thing to keep in mind if you're outdoors is wind.  Our coordinator mentioned they have had taller centerpieces blow over in the past.

• dianalynmdianalynm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having small bouquets of flowers in mason jars (may use the BM bouquets for the floral centerpieces to save on cost). Then using LED pillar candles since it's windy at Olowalu. Something low-key since our wedding isn't going to be formal/fancy...
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards