Hawaii
Options

Mid-week check-in!

Hey ladies!

How is everything going over here?  We've gotten reassurance from our loan officer & processor that they can't see any reason that we wouldn't be able to close as scheduled on Friday. Hoorah!

Last night I made a few paper items for our AHR and I'm just waiting until we move to order them. I made song request cards and placecards/photoshare cards. On the back of the placecard is the info for photoshare (it's a folded business card). Other than that, we're pretty much ready to roll in terms of the wedding, just waiting for it to get here :)

:)

How is everyone so far this week?

Re: Mid-week check-in!

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Good luck on the closing, will need to see pics of your house and the AHR paper items.  Love seeing the details of other bride's weddings.

As for me, it is a never ending demo project at my house.  The dumpster is being picked up by the city this friday so I'm ripping and tearing as much as I can out before they come take it away.  FI is finishing tiling the guest bath and I have to say that it looks really good.  I can't wait to take the first bath in the tub!  I knocked down the wall between the kitchen and the living room and am going to go tear out the shower in the master bath today.  So tired though, I can't wait to be done with the demo so we can start actually making the house look whole again.
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://gallery.me.com/brea.sisk#100033 

^ Here are pics of the house ^
    It was built in 1926 so it's got loads of charm, but everything has been redone in the last 5 years so it's beautiful and new inside :)

I'll upload pictures of the paper stuff tonight, it's at home.
  • Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the house Brea!!  That's exciting.  We're currently stuck in Denver airport, delayed again by United (no surprise there).  We just finished out week in Hawaii, which was fantastic.   Saw the wedding/reception site, cake tasted, food tasted, looked at photo locations, etc.  We missed 2 flights there and took 26 hours to get to Hawaii, as we have a walk through on our new house this afternoon, so if we're delayed much longer, I'm going to be a very not happy camper indeed!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So many new homes on this board right now!! Brea - seriously, hang in there. There will always be last minute crap and underwriters seem to require the same thing explained a dozen times. I firmly believe it doesn't matter how long your close window is, the last week is always frantic because they don't focus on yours until that point! Lyn - I have so much respect for you guys doing this all yourselves. It's seriously impressive. I think assembling IKEA chairs is a big task, sigh. It's pretty weak sauce! How is my dear Maus? Kje - get home safe! Hope you make the walkthrough and that it's uneventful! I'm in LA today for a quick meeting. Lookig forward to getting home tonight to the pup. His best friend will be staying with us for 4 days, which is so exciting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not likely Tanq.  Flight was just cancelled and we're on standby (fingers crossed!!).  They couldn't put us on a flight till tomorrow morning and a hotel being paid for was a maybe, not a for sure.  Cancellation was for mechanical problems, so their fault.  We've been transferred to Air Canada through WInnipeg, so at least we should be home tonight.  If we make the standby flight, we'll just make the walk through, but we'll be late.  I really hate United at the moment

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw Brea - the house is super cute. Really lovely!

Moto - I love that you're DIYing it. Our cottage is a constant DIY project that feels like it's never going to end either. It's so rewarding when you accomplish something though. I totally love playing with power tools...

Kje - that freaking BLOWS. Is United always like this? I hope you get to your walk through on time.

Tanq - You're such a jetsetter, holy moly.

As for me, I'm on day 3 of my allergy testing! That means they pulled the allergen patches off to reveal a hot mess on my back of different allergic reactions. Nickel was the worst, with cobalt (what the heck is cobalt in?) coming in second. I'm still not allowed to shower though because they're waiting on delayed reactions to set in. Sooo... I went and got my hair cut as I can't stand dirty hair.

Before (at the Kauai Hyatt):

It was down to below my chest, and totally dried out and damaged.

Now (in our apartment hallway):

And yes, that is 5 lbs of macadamia nuts I've put on to my waist! Damn you Mauna Loa! LOL!
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_mid-week-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:59d4e42f-5640-489c-a070-eddcabd08b71Post:984a0291-3b44-498f-8f6a-51541eb940b4">Re: Mid-week check-in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not likely Tanq.  Flight was just cancelled and we're on standby (fingers crossed!!).  They couldn't put us on a flight till tomorrow morning and a hotel being paid for was a maybe, not a for sure.  Cancellation was for mechanical problems, so their fault.  We've been transferred to Air Canada through WInnipeg, so at least we should be home tonight.  If we make the standby flight, we'll just make the walk through, but we'll be late.  I really hate United at the moment
    Posted by kje_[/QUOTE]

<div>Why was the flight cancelled? What's going on? Is it weather?</div>
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    edited December 2011
    Kaesha-- you look beautiful! I love the haircut. Sorry to hear about the allergies! But at least you're almost done!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brea! I love your home! It is sooo cute! I love the backyard and the decor. Good luck in the last days.

Alyson - love the hair cut! I'm sorry to hear about the allergy testing, but at least you know exactly what you're allergic to.

Moto - I'm amazed by how much work you guys are doing!

As for me. We're just 24 more days away! I finished my placecards this weekend and I am trying to just organize things so that the week and the day will feel a little more planned out. We've also decided on where we're getting our rehearsal dinner catered by - Da Kitchen (thanks knotties for the suggestions in the past)! And today we're reserving Germaine's luau for the day after the wedding. And I'm finishing up thank you notes for the shower.

I can't believe we're getting so close. Everything wedding related seems to make me tear. I rewatched bride wars again this weekend. When I see the knot's countdown I get butterflies. And I was so shocked when I saw grand entrance "Announcing Mr. and Mrs. -----" in our timeline. OMG!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Flight was cancelled due to mechanical problems.  We were all seated ready to go.  15 min problem for mechanics.  Then de-plane and about 1 hour.  10 minutes later they cancelled the flight.  Couldn't get on standby due to weight restrictions.  They had seats for us, but the plane got fat.  Going to WInnipeg and hopefully home tonight.  And yes, I've flown United 3 trips total and have had nothing but problems, delays and missed flights.  It is very nice to have internet though and be able to post here again.  :)

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh that makes me really nervous. We're flying with them for the wedding in just over a month. We have a luau planned the night we arrive and it's already paid for. That will be a huge bummer to miss. I don't care so much if we have delays on the way home-- I'll happily miss work on Monday :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_mid-week-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:59d4e42f-5640-489c-a070-eddcabd08b71Post:efeec300-0057-4f02-a4a1-b840e6918507">Re: Mid-week check-in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Flight was cancelled due to mechanical problems.  We were all seated ready to go.  15 min problem for mechanics.  Then de-plane and about 1 hour.  10 minutes later they cancelled the flight.  <strong>Couldn't get on standby due to weight restrictions.  They had seats for us, but the plane got fat.</strong>  Going to WInnipeg and hopefully home tonight.  And yes, I've flown United 3 trips total and have had nothing but problems, delays and missed flights.  It is very nice to have internet though and be able to post here again.  :)
    Posted by kje_[/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry. I totally laughed outloud at that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol kje, I don't mean to laugh but "the plane got fat" is priceless. Sooooo sorry Ou are going through this. United seems so hit and miss, but is most frequently the worst of the bunch (Hellta is pretty bad too, though) Alyson, love the haircut! It's sleek and fun and sassy. Looks excellent on you. You are beautiful my dear :-) if that's what Mauna Loa does, pass the box! Hehe! I'm also not really THAT much of a jetsetter, but I do think I travel a little more than usual. I don't mind as long as it's to interesting places :-) Are you itchy? Christine- that's coming up so fast! I was the same way. Bawled at random wedding videos online, writing my vows, etc. It was definitely a little nutty, but whatever, embrace it, you only go through this once :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  In Winnipeg, and hopefully home tonight.  Nice to be on reliable Air Canada again!!

Kaesha, the hair looks great!!  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_mid-week-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:59d4e42f-5640-489c-a070-eddcabd08b71Post:716f3b5b-0b70-44c0-b067-fcaa0686eb2a">Re: Mid-week check-in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone.  In Winnipeg, and hopefully home tonight.  Nice to be on reliable Air Canada again!! Kaesha, the hair looks great!!  
    Posted by kje_[/QUOTE]

Thanks and welcome home!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brea - now that I'm finally back on my laptop I was able to check out the house.  LOVE IT!  It's incredibly cute, and OMG that lawn.  Nice choice!
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Tanq! We're so excited. It's in beautiful condition. There is no comparison to that house and the others we saw in that price range... it was actually more affordable than the others we looked at, with more land, and in MUCH better condition. I guess it's just because it's a little farther away (doesn't honestly effect my commute that much!) and it's an older house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards