Hawaii
Options

Thank goodness for eloping!

Last year my BFFE got married and it was the first wedding I was in as an adult and that experience made me realize something I thought I'd NEVER say: I DO NOT want to have a traditional wedding ANYTIME soon. Besides the cost, what turned me off the most was how key members of the wedding party acted. Between the offensive and nonstop complaining from the MOH/BM duo from hell and the no show groomsmen I was shocked.  How could anyone be so cruel to someone who is supposedly your best friend?!!  I love my crew to death, but I will do all of us a favor and ask them to be members of my honorary bridal party.  No responsibility required. Best way to stay friends lol.  I do want the big wedding, just after I'm already married and don't care so much about everything going perfect lol. More power to all the brides going down that traditional road, may your weddings be disaster and bitch free! :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thank goodness for eloping!

• Options
    I'm eloping too : ). Can't wait!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Yeah, IMO big weddings are more stress than they're worth. On our wedding day we had 10 guests and it could have just been DH and I for all I knew. I only had eyes for him and that's how it should be. It should be about you and the person you're committing to forever, not a circus show. That being said, what do you mean having a big wedding after you're already married? Do you mean a vow renewal or an ahr?
  • Options
    You nailed it on the head -- and you're on the right forum!  Most of us figured out we wanted something pretty intimate early on. 

I agree with Brea - what do you mean by "I do want the big wedding, just after I'm already married..."?  Many of us did AHRs - some loved it, some didn't.  :)
  • Options
    I am eloping because we did not want anything to do with a "Big Wedding."  It is just going to be us on the beach in Maui.  We like the idea of an intimate ceremony.  We hadn't told anyone at first but now have told our families and they are fine with it.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options

Hi ladies,
    I would have responded sooner, but I have been SWAMPED between work and school (workin on my B.S. in Human Services) 

By big wedding after we're married, I should have said a vow renewal ceremony sometime down the road.  My family is riculously large and I am the first born of the youngest child (both mom and dad were youngest) so everyone has worked themselves up over my wedding.  When I annouced that we were eloping to HI I might as well have started WWIII for all the hell I caught lol, I honestly didn't care though. Unless everyone was willing to pay for themselves to enjoy the wedding they think I should have, screw it, its MY day and I do it MY way.  I'm pretty sure a signif amount of family is still really pissed, but no one offered to pony up the dough so I guess they didn't want me to have that big wedding after all.  A part of me loves the pomp and circumstance of traditional weddings, but the saner part is willing to wait for it. Glad to clarify that for yall, I'm off to do more homework, oh joy! lol bye laides!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards