Hawaii
Options

fake flower thingy for your hair

hi ladies,

I know that this topic has been talked about so many times but I need some inspiration. I know that using real flowers in your hair is tricky because the flowers will wilt especially in the Hawaiian humidity. So..I was looking on Etsy for a really pretty (but inexpensive) flake hair flower thingy but I'm really indecisive on what I want. So...show me yours and/or if you don't mind, please share your favorite Etsy peeps.

Thanks!

Re: fake flower thingy for your hair

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Absolutely NOT true.

Real flowers are used in hair in Hawaii everywhere. I was given a fresh orchid hair flower and fresh orchid lei at the luau that we went to. I had fresh flowers in my lei and hair flower for the wedding. 

Fresh flowers are used EVERYWHERE in Hawaii. 

My hair flowers didn't start wilting until a few days after the wedding. I kept wearing them.

Also, the cost of the real flowers were included in my hair cost. If I didn't want flowers I wouldn't have gotten a discount.

Real orchid lei, real orchids in hair, real flowers in bouquet.
  • Options
    I'd definitely do the real flower as well. I will have a real flower hair lei and a regular lei!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I did a fake flower because I didn't want to have to worry about one more detail when I got there. Mine was cheap and cute from etsy & I wore it agsin for the TTD and to a luau on the honeymoon. The etsy seller info is in my bio link below.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards