Hawaii
Options

Getting ready for wedding - Moana Surfrider - Advice Please

So I'm pretty bummed! We had planned for the bridesmaids and moms to get ready at the hotel at the moana surfrider so that we wouldn't have to travel. I had assumed it would be expensive but just realized that the room is going to cost $900.

It's the same room as the free one they're providing for the night of the wedding. It would be ideal because check out is at 12 noon and we wouldn't be able to check in to the other room until 3 pm. Also, if we were in another location we may have to pay our photographer for another hour. Since we have 9 people getting ready, the regular rooms would probably be too tight for us.

It sounds like the only way, but I would really love to use that money for doing fun things in Hawaii. Can you help me with ideas to be creative and get around this? What are your plans?

Re: Getting ready for wedding - Moana Surfrider - Advice Please

• Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ouch that's steep! I would ask them if you can pay an early check-in fee to have access to the room before 3:00 pm...is this the bridal suite where you can get ready or is it a honeymoon suite for $900?

My photog lives near my condo so he will drop by for my hair and make-up pics and then meet us at the venue for the remainder getting ready shots. J. -)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Maui 2011 about the option for "early check-in".  Hotels will often leave the suites empty the night before to ensure a bride can get started at the designated check-in time and not have to worry about stragglers who keep the room over.  They would be happy to make a few extra dollars if you use "early checkin" (as opposed to an entire night) rather than have you NOT pay anything at $900 a night.  I don't want to get your hopes up, but see what it would cost to start your access to the room earlier.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas girls! I just called and sadly they do not guarantee early check-ins. Maui2011 - It's honeymoon suite that comes free with our wedding. However we want to use it as the bridal getting ready suite too!

I guess this will just be one of those oops we didn't plan for items.
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what about using the Princess Kaiulani Hotel across the street, their room rates are much lower and then you just walk across when your other room is readyl
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a great alternative. As well, doesn't the mona have a bridal suite that you can use to get ready in or is the honeymoon suite also the bridal suite...they must have cheaper suites that you can use for this purpose...i would book something else and if there is availability they may upgrade you to the honeymoon suite for free? J. :-)
  • Options
    Jni0682Jni0682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I literally have the exact same issue with the Moana!! We had some other free room nights that we negotiated with our hotel block (we are having a larger than normal destination wedding) so I exchanged our 2 free regular room nights for a night in the Suite. But I also had my jaw drop when I found out how much the suite was going to cost for the extra night. I'm having my MOH stay with me in the suite the night before to make a night of it :)

Btw, who is doing your hair/make-up?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards