Hawaii
Options

Need help deciding which beach....

Getting married on OAHU.... was thinking Sunset Beach maybe, or Waimea Bay.... Does anyone have any suggestions on which of the two would maybe be best, or if there is another that you think would be better, please share.... It is just going to be FI and I, and our parents.... Its going to be May 27th 2012
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need help deciding which beach....

• Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go with Waimea.  Sunset really isn't very big and it's right on the road.  Waimea seemed to have a bit more room and a little more privacy.  Good luck!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! I'm getting married on Waikiki. I know it's busy there but we are getting married in the morning and on the beach right in front of our hotel. It's just me and FI so we didnt wanna go all out and get transportation. Hopefully I dont regret that decision!!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JToly - I would suggest you get married in front of your hotel.  The beach there is BEAUTIFUL and not nearly as crowded as Waikiki Beach.  They are right next to eachother but the Sheraton cuts them off from eachother.  When we were there Waikiki beach was packed, and had a lot of homeless folks hanging out on it.  But for some reason the beach that your hotel is on has a whole different atmosphere.  We loved the beach in front of your hotel - Waikiki Beach?  Not so much. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Waimea seems a little prettier to me but we couldnt find Any parking there on the sunday afternoon we tried going. We did our TTD shoot at sunset beach & found enough privacy for us to not have to edit people out of our photos.
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen~ we are staying at the Hale Koa which is on Waikiki. Im hoping at 10:00 AM there won't be so many people out, cause I know it gets busy later. It's only the two of us so I don't mind a little bit of people as long as we can get some alone time on a small portion of the beach!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My in laws stayed at the hale koa and Loved it! If we ever decide to do waikiki we would stay there too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Turtle Bay on the Stables Beach - I am going to see it a week from this Thurs -  I will let you know, but it looks beautiful!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards